Backyard pool + jacuzzi

ucla bruin

Looking at a property with a nice layout I like but it comes with a backyard pool and jacuzzi, which is actually a minus for me because I'll rarely use it  ???. Maybe only for entertaining guests. Is it worth the trouble for the upkeep (insurance, maintenance cost?)? Do I have any other options?

I hope you added BIG utility bills in maintenance costs, especially Water and Electricity.

For resale of homes with pools, the buyer group will be narrow as those with kids will stay away though they may be in the same price range. Jacuzzi is probably OK to keep, since its smaller than pool.

Other option is close the pool temporarily with a net kind of thingy (I have seen some people do that), but closing permanently is another home improvement project that takes lot of money and time.

Great link. I thought about how a pool would definitely deter home buyers with kids as well. You're right about the util. I guess onto the next one I go!

Most buyers wont even go look at a home that has a pool, especially if they have little kids.  A home only with a spa is not a deal breaker for them.

Back