Augusta at Columbus Square

USCTrojanCPA said:
  The only Columbus that I would even consider buying is Columbus Grove. 

Please don't buy in CG either.  Seriously, LA is calling you.  And definitely stay far away from NB, bunch of riff raffs here.

because the power lines don't bother you?

USCTrojanCPA said:
shadax said:
In the interest of fairness, I called Augusta's sales office a few minutes ago to ask them what the absolute numbers were for Mello Roos there.  They told me that the MR for Plan 1 was actually $6400 per year.  That would create an effective tax rate at precisely 2%, not 2.1% as stated on the advertisement.  It's still more than Maricopa by $2200, and unjustifiably so, but I wanted to make sure I was speaking in real dollar terms.  They either made their advertisements unfairly high to themselves as a percentage, or someone wised up and bought back part of the bond(s) like TIC was said to have done in WBE.

See test, I am not out to unfairly downtalk your products.  There is the exact amount from the mouth of one of your sales team.  What I am doing is pointing out that Stonegate's comparable products have less to pay in Mello Roos, and don't offer less in the way of infrastructure.
But Test's theory is that the higher the Mello Roos...the less riff-raff that buy.  So that would mean there's more riff-raff in Stonegate and Woodbury than there is over at Columbus Square.  The only Columbus that I would even consider buying is Columbus Grove.

Off topic:  I cannot confirm but General William Lyon himself went to USC.  Few years ago I visited the model homes at Lantana in CG and got to talking to one of the sales reps and somehow that tidbit of info. was shared by him.  The student gym at USC is called the "Lyon Center" probably because they made a hugh donation.  Don't know if its called that still.  Can we just get back on topic now. 

test said:
shadax said:
And let's be real, you can NOT walk to the District from CS realistically unless you're trying to exercise or something.  By that logic, you could walk to Tustin Marketplace from Stonegate (2.7 walking per Google Maps, compared to 2.9 from CS to District using same walking directions w/ Google Maps).  Maybe sometime in the future you could cut across or something, if they ever get close to buildout (5 years?)

Of course you can't walk there now, I was referring to when Tustin Ranch Road is complete.  How do you know it's 5 years?  Where are you getting that misinformation from?

2zecux2.png

So what part is phase 1?  is that running on schedule?  how many phases are there?  been waiting on that Tustin Road extension for awhile, looks like the Alton one will be complete first.

test said:
shadax:

What do you mean MY products and MY sales team?  More misinformation.  Every single one of your posts has misinformation in it and it's very tiring to reply to each one only to have you respond with more misinformation.  For the record I am a DACB (Domestic Asian Cash Buyer) living in NB (Newport Beach).

Your relentless defense of a product's clear deficiencies proclaim that you have a vested interest in such deficiencies being marginalized.  My assessments are not unfair.  If you have facts to add, please do so.

I wouldn't call that "misinformation", more of a gentle ribbing because that would be the most likely candidate to so vigorously defend such things in the way you have:  Someone that has a monetary interest in them selling.  If you don't have one, and you don't care how they sell, then please be realistic and recognize in an unbiased tone that there are certain shortcomings to homes built on this base, especially compared to similarly sized new homes currently being built in the immediate area.

test said:
So what you're suggesting is it's more expensive to live in Tustin than Irvine?  Maybe you're right.  But ask yourself this, would you rather live in a less expensive city along with the riff raff?  Quadruple the mello roos I'd say!  That is unless you're the riff raff.

test,

I have lived in good and bad areas and have had good and bad friends.  Mello Roos does not keep out the riff raff.  The riff raff lives in the 'bad' areas but like to 'play' and 'come up on some nice stuff' in the nice areas (MR areas per your assessment).  Since the riff raff does not like to stay in the good areas (lots of inquisitive cops) and have to come back home to the 'hood' with their loot, logically they would stay in the fringe good areas near their stomping grounds (bad areas).  Proximity is my barometer. 

But... to add a caveat, there are a lot of rich 'bad' friends I have had in the past which live in good areas (Palos Verdes).  Just because you are bad does not mean you live in the ghetto.

davenlei said:
test said:
So what you're suggesting is it's more expensive to live in Tustin than Irvine?  Maybe you're right.  But ask yourself this, would you rather live in a less expensive city along with the riff raff?  Quadruple the mello roos I'd say!  That is unless you're the riff raff.

test,

I have lived in good and bad areas and have had good and bad friends.  Mello Roos does not keep out the riff raff.  The riff raff lives in the 'bad' areas but like to 'play' and 'come up on some nice stuff' in the nice areas (MR areas per your assessment).  Since the riff raff does not like to stay in the good areas (lots of inquisitive cops) and have to come back home to the 'hood' with their loot, logically they would stay in the fringe good areas near their stomping grounds (bad areas).

From experience Saturday morning driving from Fountain Valley to Augusta at Columbus Square via Edinger all the way down, I can tell you:  This dev fits the description you just gave.  It wasn't pretty, and it wasn't too far from CS either.  And this is not something I gained from an internet site Test, I was just there.  This isn't misinformation, this is my personal opinion of the immediate area of Edinger Ave about two miles west of CS.

26inirvine said:
So what part is phase 1?  is that running on schedule?  how many phases are there?  been waiting on that Tustin Road extension for awhile, looks like the Alton one will be complete first.

Phase I is only grading and storm drain (moving dirt around and putting in drainage systems).  Phase II is everything else normally associated with street improvements (asphalt concrete, curb & gutter, sidewalk, landscaping, and for this project the bridge over Edinger).  Phase II probably won't start until after Phase I is complete.  Basically, there won't be any new road to drive on (or sidewalk to walk on) for a pretty long time from now.

Also, I haven't seen the cost estimates, but I'm guessing that the bridge over Edinger is a significant portion of the cost (bridges are extremely expensive compared to regular road segments) and if there isn't enough funding, the project might just be put on hold for who knows how long.

edhne said:
because the power lines don't bother you?

USCTrojanCPA said:
shadax said:
In the interest of fairness, I called Augusta's sales office a few minutes ago to ask them what the absolute numbers were for Mello Roos there.  They told me that the MR for Plan 1 was actually $6400 per year.  That would create an effective tax rate at precisely 2%, not 2.1% as stated on the advertisement.  It's still more than Maricopa by $2200, and unjustifiably so, but I wanted to make sure I was speaking in real dollar terms.  They either made their advertisements unfairly high to themselves as a percentage, or someone wised up and bought back part of the bond(s) like TIC was said to have done in WBE.

See test, I am not out to unfairly downtalk your products.  There is the exact amount from the mouth of one of your sales team.  What I am doing is pointing out that Stonegate's comparable products have less to pay in Mello Roos, and don't offer less in the way of infrastructure.
But Test's theory is that the higher the Mello Roos...the less riff-raff that buy.  So that would mean there's more riff-raff in Stonegate and Woodbury than there is over at Columbus Square.  The only Columbus that I would even consider buying is Columbus Grove.
There are only power lines for the homes near Warner and backing up to the businesses on Construction Cirle.  There are a lot of homes within in Columbus Grove that don't have to deal with either.  Columbus Grove > Columbus Square 

shadax said:
davenlei said:
test said:

test,

I have lived in good and bad areas and have had good and bad friends.  Mello Roos does not keep out the riff raff.  The riff raff lives in the 'bad' areas but like to 'play' and 'come up on some nice stuff' in the nice areas (MR areas per your assessment).  Since the riff raff does not like to stay in the good areas (lots of inquisitive cops) and have to come back home to the 'hood' with their loot, logically they would stay in the fringe good areas near their stomping grounds (bad areas).

From experience Saturday morning driving from Fountain Valley to Augusta at Columbus Square via Edinger all the way down, I can tell you:  This dev fits the description you just gave.  It wasn't pretty, and it wasn't too far from CS either.  And this is not something I gained from an internet site Test, I was just there.  This isn't misinformation, this is my personal opinion of the immediate area of Edinger Ave about two miles west of CS.

not defending columbus square but 2 miles is decent distance. I used to live in N. Redondo beach, about one mile west of inglewood blvd, which was the border between Redondo and Hawthorne, surprising the riff raff always stayed on their side of Hawthorne (from what i could tell).  If the bad part of santa ana is 2 miles from columbus square, that means irvine is only 2.3 miles because Jambo is not that far from CS.

CG isn't really part of the plan.  Nobody panics when things are part of the plan.  It's when things aren't part of the plan then everyone loses their minds!

masterplan.jpg

qwerty said:
shadax said:
davenlei said:
test said:

test,

not defending columbus square but 2 miles is decent distance. I used to live in N. Redondo beach, about one mile west of inglewood blvd, which was the border between Redondo and Hawthorne, surprising the riff raff always stayed on their side of Hawthorne (from what i could tell).  If the bad part of santa ana is 2 miles from columbus square, that means irvine is only 2.3 miles because Jambo is not that far from CS.

My statement was more pointed to the fact a MR area does not mean there is an invisible shock fence to keep the riff raff out.  In addition, just wanted to state my observations of what my bad friends (back in the day) would do.
Since you are familiar with RB and Hawthorne you must be familiar with Torrance as well.  Well Torrance police had a huge reputation for cracking heads (figuratively and literally at times) if you were causing trouble in their city.  My 'bad' friends would avoid Torrance like the plague even when they were not out to cause trouble.
The TPD had some sort of spider sense when it came to bad people.

So judging by the map it seems that they are building the more desirable homes last.  Well, by the time they get to them there's a good chance they'll be the same or less $/sqft as these ones are.

Snapped some pics today

11a4cf31.jpg

4e1187ee.jpg
Looks like a face!

d7a02d42.jpg
Entry

78454126.jpg
Living

f07bc2d0.jpg
Dining

c31df4ad.jpg
Great R.

49b667c5.jpg
Nook

9f5e8d89.jpg
Kitchen

b26be2cc.jpg
Leading into Dining

638aafac.jpg
Looking into Great R.

8869f403.jpg
Covered area between Garage/Kitchen

5e518dee.jpg
Yard

bee1be7c.jpg
Yard

c4d85f35.jpg
Powder

3135511f.jpg
Storage near top stairs

712a857a.jpg
Master

0029d54b.jpg
Master Bath

bda61a9e.jpg
Master Bath

386d11e2.jpg
Hallway

e24b9a2e.jpg
Loft

11009945.jpg
Loft

bf39c5a7.jpg
Bed

1fcbba75.jpg
Bed

a13e4c7b.jpg
Bath

7edaf1b6.jpg
Laundry Up

bb2cd71d.jpg

cd2b9df4.jpg
Dining

8d6a7791.jpg
Great R.

badbe8ba.jpg
Kitchen

2ff84d06.jpg
Nook/Morning Room

9738b616.jpg
Courtyard

19449da7.jpg
Double door entry Garage

676f340c.jpg
Another shot of Kitchen/Great R.

364dc51a.jpg
Butler's Pantry

19fb72ff.jpg
Hallway to Guest Room

a1ae143c.jpg
Guest Room

60084450.jpg
Master

dc5f160f.jpg
1 of 2 Master closets

513ebb0c.jpg
Master Bath

eccc1f78.jpg
Stairs

a64bbee5.jpg
Loft

48f02dd7.jpg
What is that room up ahead?

ed09ed95.jpg
Time out room? hmmm...

84ed008c.jpg
Bed

66ae25be.jpg
Bed

58c41d5d.jpg
Upstairs Bath

a1e81e58.jpg
Laundry up

b03c1e96.jpg

dfbbfecf.jpg
Entry

f08e6cb3.jpg
Dining

38ded610.jpg
Guest Bed

faa10869.jpg
Kitchen/Great Room

b310e4d7.jpg
Another view

d3de6a63.jpg
Butler's

a34a00ac.jpg
Cooking range

527b5e2e.jpg
Infamous island

f2f854f3.jpg
Another shot

cadb019c.jpg
Stairs

661b648e.jpg
Hallway

dba15c63.jpg
Bed

f35716fc.jpg
Laundry up

26f95163.jpg
Bed (own bath)

52009216.jpg
Bed

1f038db5.jpg
Hallway to Master

fb5800d8.jpg
Master Bath

8fa10529.jpg
Large closet

ef2477b3.jpg
Master

I see lots of 'mini' furniture in plan 1.  also true in the other 2? 

I just imagine people trying to shoehorn that much regular sized furniture into those rooms!

freedomcm said:
I see lots of 'mini' furniture in plan 1.  also true in the other 2? 

I just imagine people trying to shoehorn that much regular sized furniture into those rooms!

I thought some of those beds looked a little stubby.  No 6-8 seater tables either.  Guess no dinner parties unless your guests eat outside or rotate at the table in shifts.

test said:
Lookie what I found.  The highly contaminated soil that you can't plant any trees otherwise your kids will die and and we will sue you because you promised not to plant any trees because the soil is so toxic disclosure.

2uq0ffb.png

2lu5j6p.png

Believe what you want.

Sorry I'm joining late to this, but is this all there is in the disclosures about the soil in Columbus Square?  Didn't the "don't plant fruit trees in CS" saying come from a thread from an old IHB thread?  I read that thread long ago, but don't recall if it was an actual quote from the disclosure or if it was an inference from what was said in the disclosure.  Are these two pages the only things said about the soil in CS?

Back