Audiophiles - Speakers in Great Room

Irvine_RC said:
thevillain9 said:
I have a 5.1 in-ceiling surround using Definitive Tech RCS III (Fronts x3) and RSS III (Rears x2).  The good part about these is that they are angled speakers in the front, so it sounds a lot more realistic.

Another set of angled speaker brands is Triad.

Holy CRAP.... I have almost the EXACT same set up.  I have Definitive Tech RCS II's in the front and RSS III's in the back. 

I'm not an audiophile, so I'm not sure if that's a good setup.  I bought this combination based off the recommendation of a friend.  How do you like yours?

They aren't audiophile quality, but they are pretty awesome for ceiling speakers.

I had ordered the RCS II, but not enough space in this one spot between the studs.

I like them, they do the job without taking much space. What kind of subwoofer did you get?

Chairman said:
What to do... so many choices...  :'(

There are so many good options nowadays at a good price.  You can't go wrong with any of the options listed in this thread.  It really depends on what are you going to be using the speakers for primarily (including the type of music you listen to), the look you want in your house and how much you really want to spend.

I bought the Klipsch Reference RW-12D subwoofer off newegg when they were offering them for $279.99.  Seems to work fine.  What kind of subwoofer did you get?

thevillain9 said:
Irvine_RC said:
thevillain9 said:
I have a 5.1 in-ceiling surround using Definitive Tech RCS III (Fronts x3) and RSS III (Rears x2).  The good part about these is that they are angled speakers in the front, so it sounds a lot more realistic.

Another set of angled speaker brands is Triad.

Holy CRAP.... I have almost the EXACT same set up.  I have Definitive Tech RCS II's in the front and RSS III's in the back. 

I'm not an audiophile, so I'm not sure if that's a good setup.  I bought this combination based off the recommendation of a friend.  How do you like yours?

They aren't audiophile quality, but they are pretty awesome for ceiling speakers.

I had ordered the RCS II, but not enough space in this one spot between the studs.

I like them, they do the job without taking much space. What kind of subwoofer did you get?

If you do in-wall or in-ceiling, I think those technically become part of the house if you sell.  Something to think about if you go high end.  You could include in the disclosures that you're taking them, though your buyer may want you to fill the holes.

I use mirage speakers for my setup.  Great for movies, not too expensive.  Sound is a little diffuse for straight music.  Unfortunately they were bought by klipsch and then discontinued, you can still find them on the internet.

Back