Auburn at Stonegate versus Legend at Beacon Park

Smg2012

Hi!  First time posting, but I've been lurking on this site for nearly a month now.  My husband and I are planning on buying a house in Irvine (max price $2 mil) and are trying to decide between Auburn at Stonegate (Seneca plan, base price $1.558m plus $350k upgrades/lot premium [it's about $100k to upgrade kitchen cabinets and get Wolf appliance package at Richmond American design center]) and Legend (plan 1, base price about 1.8-ish plus $200k for upgrades).  Thoughts on these developments? Builders? Other developments we should consider?  We are currently living in Brightwater, Huntington Beach (yes, I've read the threads re Brightwater  :D).  Thank you all for your opinions in advance!

its personal preference, with the layout it feels better walking thru, but also the other item is about backyard space.  The auburn will be a lower maintenance yard because of very little backyard space, thus lower landscaping cost and more living space.  Theres also resale point...Stonegate has a good resale value...no stigma about pollution

ocbird said:
its personal preference, with the layout it feels better walking thru, but also the other item is about backyard space.  The auburn will be a lower maintenance yard because of very little backyard space, thus lower landscaping cost and more living space.  Theres also resale point...Stonegate has a good resale value...no stigma about pollution

I am not familiar with the products, but I think the mello roos at the beacon/great park neighborhoods is quite steep and so the overall property tax approaches 2%. I don't think that is the case at all at stonegate.  Most new builds except for beacon/great park end up around 1.5% or so. I don't think this is make-or-break, but is just another thing to consider. Even when the mortgage is long paid off, you will always be on the hook for property taxes.

Ha ha, I remember those Brightwater development.  We had an pretty epic thread about it back then.

Ok between Auburn and Legend, I would pick Auburn just base on the lower MR alone.  Although the Beacon park in terms of neighborhood design is nicer than Stonegate, not sure it's really worth that much higher MR premium for it.  That high MR in the Beacon Park really has an impact on their sales currently and I suspect it will also affect the price appreciation in the future. 

I think the extra money people are paying through MR is reflected by the neighborhood.  The GP neighborhood amenities are really nice and stand out.  Stonegate is just like any other Irvine blocky neighborhood.

Back