Astoria in Irvine

If I live there then I would put my bike out there on the balcony, my towels over the rail, and so are my underpants. It is nice to be able to look up and see my unit immediately by my markers. I hate to locate my units by using the x and y coordinate system when I am driving on the 405 freeway.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1235802407]If I live there then I would put my bike out there on the balcony, my towels over the rail, and so are my underpants. It is nice to be able to look up and see my unit immediately by my markers. I hate to locate my units by using the x and y coordinate system when I am driving on the 405 freeway.</blockquote>

Dont forget to the Z, otherwise you'll be stuck on the first floor bk haha

Was flipping through the Orange County Business Journal, and there is a full page ad for the Astoria. They apparently opened up the on-site sales office, and as confirmed by driving down the 405, model units are available. Prices begin in the low $600,000. Wow, they must be dreaming. Buildings that line the 405. I guarantee the noise will be a huge problem. Plus, the design of the buildings is not innovative. Each floor has one long hallway with units on either side. Great, just like the dorm in undergrad.

[quote author="BondTrader" date=1236050455]Almost $1000 HOAs, nice....</blockquote>

Don't forget, that is just for that building. There is also another HOA for the overall CPW community and Mello Roos. Not to mention the smaller units (even with 2 bedrooms) only get one parking space. That's how it was last fall anyway.

[quote author="JLegend" date=1237635388]Was flipping through the Orange County Business Journal, and there is a full page ad for the Astoria. They apparently opened up the on-site sales office, and as confirmed by driving down the 405, model units are available. Prices begin in the low $600,000. Wow, they must be dreaming. Buildings that line the 405. I guarantee the noise will be a huge problem. Plus, the design of the buildings is not innovative. Each floor has one long hallway with units on either side. Great, just like the dorm in undergrad.

[quote author="BondTrader" date=1236050455]Almost $1000 HOAs, nice....</blockquote>

Don't forget, that is just for that building. There is also another HOA for the overall CPW community and Mello Roos. Not to mention the smaller units (even with 2 bedrooms) only get one parking space. That's how it was last fall anyway.</blockquote>
The Korean towers are cheaper. I'd love to know how they'll get lenders to appraise to their asking prices.

Btw, You can always park the cars in the two large open pits. haha

i'm assuming by Korean towers you mean Marquee? How did it get that name again?

Edit: NM, if i recall correctly, it's because the lights are always off.

[quote author="JLegend" date=1237640824]i'm assuming by Korean towers you mean Marquee? How did it get that name again?

Edit: NM, if i recall correctly, it's because the lights are always off.</blockquote>
You got it!

[quote author="ABC123" date=1233451319]I noticed a few recent listings on redfin and was wondering if the project is complete yet and if people are living there now.

<a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/401-Rockefeller-92612/unit-B707/home/18773485">http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/401-Rockefeller-92612/unit-B707/home/18773485</a>

<a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/401-Rockefeller-92612/unit-B904/home/18764649">http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/401-Rockefeller-92612/unit-B904/home/18764649</a>

<a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/401-Rockefeller-92612/unit-607/home/12470218">http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/401-Rockefeller-92612/unit-607/home/12470218</a>

<a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/401-Rockefeller-92612/unit-1426/home/12463645">Only $2.3 million!! Hurry with a price like this, it won't last!!!</a></blockquote>

Ten percent decrease in asking price in one month. Not bad. Except the 2.3 million says sold. Did it really sell?

<a href="http://www.ocbj.com/article.asp?aID=81682706.169974.1786148.9082109.6509588.987&aID2=137387">Irvine Condos Draw Interest, Sales; To Open in Summer</a>

Local Brokerages Picking Up Sperry Van Ness Brokers; Irvine Spectrum Office Park Sells

By MARK MUELLER

Orange County Business Journal Staff

RESIDENTIAL

The lights are starting to be turned on at Astoria, a condominium tower complex built by Canada?s Intergulf Development Group at Lennar Corp.?s Central Park West development in Irvine.

Top floor units at one of the towers, which overlook the San Diego (I-405) Freeway near Jamboree Road, were recently used by the American Society of Interior Designers for its annual Orange County home tour, which benefits the OC Performing Art Center.

Nearly 40 designers decorated four penthouse lofts and two other units at the building for the home tour. That added plenty of traffic?said to be 20,000 people during the month?to the 40-acre development that?s been in limbo for more than a year.

Lennar still hasn?t decided on a date when it will be ramping up sales for the low- and mid-rise homes that have been built at Central Park West, opting instead to mothball the project until the market recovers.

The 240-unit Astoria complex, which sits on the back corner of the Central Park West property near the freeway, isn?t waiting out the market. Sales are now in full go mode, according to Michael Chious, general sales and marketing manager for Intergulf.

The company?s made a few dozen sales, and move-ins are expected to begin early this summer, Chious said. Among other incentives, the developer was offering a new Lexus to the first buyer of one of the fully-designed penthouses on display the past month.

Prices have dropped to the $400,000s for the most-affordable units, which are seeing plenty of competition from re-sales at another nearby condo tower.

Some 35 units in Bosa Development Corp.?s towers at the Park Place campus, located on the other side of Jamboree Road, are listed for resale according to brokerage data. About a dozen of those listings are short sales, with the lowest-priced unit now being offered at $350,000.

[quote author="IrvineRenter" date=1243377998]<a href="http://www.ocbj.com/article.asp?aID=81682706.169974.1786148.9082109.6509588.987&aID2=137387">Irvine Condos Draw Interest, Sales; To Open in Summer</a>

Local Brokerages Picking Up Sperry Van Ness Brokers; Irvine Spectrum Office Park Sells

By MARK MUELLER

Orange County Business Journal Staff

RESIDENTIAL

The lights are starting to be turned on at Astoria, a condominium tower complex built by Canada?s Intergulf Development Group at Lennar Corp.?s Central Park West development in Irvine.

Top floor units at one of the towers, which overlook the San Diego (I-405) Freeway near Jamboree Road, were recently used by the American Society of Interior Designers for its annual Orange County home tour, which benefits the OC Performing Art Center.

Nearly 40 designers decorated four penthouse lofts and two other units at the building for the home tour. That added plenty of traffic?said to be 20,000 people during the month?to the 40-acre development that?s been in limbo for more than a year.

Lennar still hasn?t decided on a date when it will be ramping up sales for the low- and mid-rise homes that have been built at Central Park West, opting instead to mothball the project until the market recovers.

The 240-unit Astoria complex, which sits on the back corner of the Central Park West property near the freeway, isn?t waiting out the market. Sales are now in full go mode, according to Michael Chious, general sales and marketing manager for Intergulf.

The company?s made a few dozen sales, and move-ins are expected to begin early this summer, Chious said. Among other incentives, the developer was offering a new Lexus to the first buyer of one of the fully-designed penthouses on display the past month.

Prices have dropped to the $400,000s for the most-affordable units, which are seeing plenty of competition from re-sales at another nearby condo tower.

Some 35 units in Bosa Development Corp.?s towers at the Park Place campus, located on the other side of Jamboree Road, are listed for resale according to brokerage data. About a dozen of those listings are short sales, with the lowest-priced unit now being offered at $350,000.</blockquote>
Wow, I can't believe they've already found buyers...errr suckers for this place. I wonder what these things will appraise at given the carnage over at the Korean towers. haha

I couldn't believe it when I saw the sign on Michelson, they are open for business; what is so funny is that there are like huge holes in the ground; I'm guessing for underground parking... but that is what you are going to see everyday

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1243382916]I couldn't believe it when I saw the sign on Michelson, they are open for business; what is so funny is that there are like huge holes in the ground; I'm guessing for underground parking... but that is what you are going to see everyday</blockquote>

Just like the Egyptians before a great monument is built a foundation consisting a subterranean tomb was created to bury or immortalize the creator.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1243383916][quote author="roundcorners" date=1243382916]I couldn't believe it when I saw the sign on Michelson, they are open for business; what is so funny is that there are like huge holes in the ground; I'm guessing for underground parking... but that is what you are going to see everyday</blockquote>

Just like the Egyptians before a great monument is built a foundation consisting a subterranean tomb was created to bury or immortalize the creator.</blockquote>
Ahhh, so that's where the Donny boy gets buried, eh? I always thought he'd lay under the 18th hole at Pelican golf course.

Anyone have any updates on this project? I notice a number of lights on, which I assume are all model units, but if so, that sure is quite a number of them - I suppose they have a model for each floorplan.

I received an ad from an OC realtor who, for some reason, is selling a few specific units (3 IIRC, based on the ad). Prices are still insane. 3br/3bath, in what i presume are the penthouse or larger top floor residences are $1.5 to north of $2 million. That, and two HOAs AND mello roos (unless they changed this), is remarkable, and not in a good way.

[quote author="JLegend" date=1252625699]Anyone have any updates on this project? I notice a number of lights on, which I assume are all model units, but if so, that sure is quite a number of them - I suppose they have a model for each floorplan.

I received an ad from an OC realtor who, for some reason, is selling a few specific units (3 IIRC, based on the ad). Prices are still insane. 3br/3bath, in what i presume are the penthouse or larger top floor residences are $1.5 to north of $2 million. That, and two HOAs AND mello roos (unless they changed this), is remarkable, and not in a good way.</blockquote>
Oh sweet, not just one HOA but two? Maybe if they sell the units for $100k-$150k I MIGHT be interested. I wonder if being up on the penthouse and having the great views of Grand Canyons...errrr large holes in the gound...are the reason prices are so high.

I think those are the ones the Sheiks from Dubai bought and now are trying to unload

now that they got their own problems with cash flow at home

Driving by it looks like there are at least a few people living there. I saw some furniture on a few balconies and some people actually sitting in it.

I think there is one HOA for Astoria and then a 2nd master HOA for the Central Park West development as a whole. I would think the 2nd HOA is small because I don't think Astoria owners get access to the CPW clubhouse (not sure on this).

Let's not forget that 2 and 1 bedroom units only have one parking space in the garage (again, unless this has changed).

Yes, the HOA for the 2nd master is small - relatively. That is an extra $100 or $150 on top of everything else (I'm speculating as to the amount, but I'm sure it is more than $50). Plus Mello Roos? I don't even want to imagine how much extra that will be.

Back