ARC Restaurant Food and Libations

Coleman

http://www.yelp.com/biz/arc-restaurant-food-and-libations-costa-mesa

Their reviews on yelp are mixed.  After reading the one star reviews, they typically complain about things I don't personally care much about (service related matters)

We ordered the Fish, Pig, Meatballs, Dip, Bacon, Steak, and duck.

Some of our personal favorites was the bacon which some people may perceive as expensive as it's about $5 per slice ($10 for two thicker cut slices.)  This was probably some of my favorite flavored bacon, however, the best bacon is still Peter Luger's in Brooklyn.

Three of the people I went with loved the duck.

I personally loved the pig which came with beans, maple, and herbs.  This was one of my favorite flavored dishes and turned out to be the most plentiful in terms of amount.

The meatballs were quite delicious as well.

Steak -  The potatoes that were charred were flavorful and yummy.  However, the steak was ok.
*If you ask, they will bring out a tray of different types of steak that you can order.  They had a tomahawk steak that looked pretty appetizing.

Due to the ricotta and tomato sauce, the dip seemed to be similar to the meatballs and like a lasagna without the pasta.  The flavor was there, but I don't know if the price is warranted.

Fish was the group's least favorite dish.  Not that we don't enjoy fish, but it was just ok when compared to the others.

This is probably the first time I didn't take any photos.  You'd have to use Yelp as a photo reference.

Also, they bring you water infused with cucumber and lemon as the table water.  I really enjoyed the water when compared to typical ice cube infused tap water.

Total was about $23 per person and we went family style.

Back