Appraisal

stepping_up_IHB

We still have not been able to take advantage of the low rates to refinance because we have what is called lender paid PMI and our LTV is definitely not 80:20. However, it looks like there could still be a savings to us if we did do a loan with PMI if the LTV is 90:10. There are currently three properties in escrow in the neighborhood.

1). slighly smaller and fewer updates at $450K

2). approximately equal size and fewer updates at $420K

3). approximately equal size and completely updated/renovated for $499K

All three have the same bed and bath count.

There is a 4th that closed the end of Sept at $399K that is smaller but updated.

All the others are more than 90 days old. What is the likelihood that an appraisal would be at least $425K?

I'd re-check your lenders guidelines as LPMI loans that are either Fannie or Freddie owned are eligible to be refinanced with new LPMI loan terms. With rates coming down a bit, if your in the low 6's to upper 5's, you can find LPMI loans in the low 5's today.

If your loan is not FNMA or FHLMC you're going to have several problems with a new loan. First, there aren't many MI companies financing anything over 85% LTV. Second, if your home is a condo then it's near impossible to get anything over 80% with MI.

PM me if your loan is FNMA/FHLMC owned and you still have an issue with your current mortgage resources.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.

[quote author="Soylent Green Is People" date=1258105349]I'd re-check your lenders guidelines as LPMI loans that are either Fannie or Freddie owned are eligible to be refinanced with new LPMI loan terms. With rates coming down a bit, if your in the low 6's to upper 5's, you can find LPMI loans in the low 5's today.

If your loan is not FNMA or FHLMC you're going to have several problems with a new loan. First, there aren't many MI companies financing anything over 85% LTV. Second, if your home is a condo then it's near impossible to get anything over 80% with MI.

PM me if your loan is FNMA/FHLMC owned and you still have an issue with your current mortgage resources.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.</blockquote>

PM sent!

Back