Appliances

I didn't buy from the Design Center either.

If anyone is interested in GE appliances, I can send you an invitation to access gestore.com (employee pricing). Send me a Personal Message with your email, first name, and last name.

zovall said:
irvinehomeowner said:
But next time, we'll probably get an LG or Sammy.

We purchased an LG washer (WM2655HVA) and dryer (DLGX2656V ) a couple months ago and so far so good.  We purchased from Howard's (at The Marketplace) and had a great experience with them.  Make sure to look for rebates from the utility companies.  We received $285 from the water companies and $35 from the gas company.

There's also some SCE rebates for fridges: 
http://www.sce.com/residential/rebates-savings/appliance/energy-star-fridge.htm

If you buy from Sears or Home Depot, they automatically take off the rebate amount.  It's only $35, but free money is free money.  The $75 rebate models are hard to find and generally more expensive. 

Just got my new in box Samsung Stainless Steel French Door Counter Depth Fridge at Lowes.com for $1,862.19 (10% Movers coupon) + tax.

samsungfridge_zps481653fa.jpg
http://www.lowes.com/pd_22748-149-RFG238AARS_0__?productId=3085859

I don't know if it is a price mistake, but the similar white/black models are actually more expensive.  Not bad for a French Door and COUNTER DEPTH.  Lowes is having 10% off appliances, but when adding this stainless steel model, it shows 33% off.  Maybe a secret clearance?  Or price error?  Anyways, I applied the 10% movers coupon on top plus used my Discover card 5% rebate... This brings the price to $1758 + tax.. And if the SCE rebate goes thru for $35.. it brings the total to $1723 + tax.  Free shipping. 

Decent reviews, never bought a Korean brand before, hopefully this won't disappoint.  Might want to jump on this as the price ends tonight.  There is a floor display model at the Lowes at the District.. Also plenty in stock at the Lowes at the Market Place. 

Now I worry my kid will help herself to ice cream since the freezer is now on the bottom :)

This is what I'm going with :

cooktop KFGU766VSS $1,230.00
fridge KFIS29BB $2,100.00
oven/microwave combo KEMS308S $2,969.00  <-- I really don't want to pay so much for a oven but the place I'm moving into has a combo and I was told this is one of the best convection microwave you can get in a oven/microwave combo...
dishwasher KUDS35FXSS $899.00

I've decided to go all Kitchenaid because of this rebate :http://www.ajmadison.com/ajmadison/itemdocs/691-594.pdf

I should be able to get back $800 rebate with the items I choose..

I was originally going for a capital cooktop that had a center burner especially made for a wok and also a Samsung fridge, but the Kitchenaid rebate swayed me to change everything to kitchenaid.

I am buying everything online from places like ajmadison. No tax and free shipping.

going to go for Samsung washer and dryers from Howards... anyone know the difference between WF405A and WF501AN???

No range hood?  That's some serious money there you're spending on appliances..  I can only afford a fridge.. maybe a new dishwasher..  let us know how those kitchenaid's work out for you.. Do those prices include install? 

We have a wall oven as well, which is right next to the fridge.. not the best setup, at least we don't plan on baking that much.

ps9 said:
No range hood?
I believe in Irvine Pacific properties, the range hood they use is KitchenAid... so it will match.

The standard appliances in IP builds is Whirlpool (I find it strange they don't match the range hood with the appliances to begin with).

Crispy3 said:
My wife does serious cooking (chinese stirfry) so we need a heavy duty range hood.. It was already a given that we're going with a Taiwanese brand..http://www.pacairusa.com/

Funny, we have that same brand in the resale we just purchased, looks pretty strong, we won't be doing any Chinese stir fry though, the grease catch looks messy to clean out.

Crispy3 said:

oven/microwave combo KEMS308S $2,969.00  <-- I really don't want to pay so much for a oven but the place I'm moving into has a combo and I was told this is one of the best convection microwave you can get in a oven/microwave combo...

I've decided to go all Kitchenaid because of this rebate :http://www.ajmadison.com/ajmadison/itemdocs/691-594.pdf

I was originally going for a capital cooktop that had a center burner especially made for a wok and also a Samsung fridge, but the Kitchenaid rebate swayed me to change everything to kitchenaid.

I am buying everything online from places like ajmadison. No tax and free shipping.

going to go for Samsung washer and dryers from Howards... anyone know the difference between WF405A and WF501AN???

are you buying this for a brand new house or replacing everything in an older house?

akim997 said:
Crispy3 said:

are you buying this for a brand new house or replacing everything in an older house?

I am replacing everything in an older house

found a deal that is better then wholesale pricing i was talking about earlier since wholesale u had to add shipping fee (even though u side step sales tax)...

thing going on in lowes where u can stack two 10% off coupons... then once u check out lowes gives u a 10% rebate... then on top of that select brands like kitchenaid/whirlpool gives you another 100-150 USD rebate... then on top of that if u use ebates to redirect u to lowes website before u check out, u get 3-6% cash back via ebates... ive never found a deal better then this besides wholesale... the bad thing is my friend told me ystrday and the lowes 10% after checkout rebate ends 2/12/13 (tomorrow)... anyways thought id share since deals close to 40% off are rare and even more rare that they include free delivery... and apparently via slickdeals this has been going on for awhile and lowes has been honoring it and havent done anything to fix the stacking hack, which means they know about it and are allowing it...
http://slickdeals.net/f/5329642-UPD...10-off-50-Coupon-codes-for-the-taking?page=15

So the water dispenser on my Samsung fridge is not working.  This was installed in late Oct '12 and is already giving me issues.  The Samsung tech they sent was full of excuses instead of solution.  My water pressure is too low?  How come it worked for the 4 months prior?  Serious language barrier and a lackluster work ethic.. Samsung is not looking too bright in my future.  Gonna call them and request another tech since the problem is still not fixed. 

ps9 said:
So the water dispenser on my Samsung fridge is not working.  This was installed in late Oct '12 and is already giving me issues.  The Samsung tech they sent was full of excuses instead of solution.  My water pressure is too low?  How come it worked for the 4 months prior?  Serious language barrier and a lackluster work ethic.. Samsung is not looking too bright in my future.  Gonna call them and request another tech since the problem is still not fixed. 

Request for another technician.
We had an issue with our Samsung in the first year too. The ice maker stopped working, but water was fine. First Sears tried to fix it, didn't work after several appointments, but Samsung tech fixed it in one appt. we have the three door model. Which one do you have?

Water pressure too low can be a valid reason if there is a separate filter before the fridge.  The filter can reduce flowing water pressure, and this can get worse as the filter clogs up.  Reverse osmosis filters have the lowest output pressure, typically around 5-7psi.  This will often not be enough even when the filter is brand new.  The solenoid valves in your fridge may need upwards of 25psi to work properly.  Municipal water pressure is usually 40-80psi (very easy to verify with a gauge), so this is almost never the problem unless the solenoid is faulty.  They are easy to diagnose and replace.  Check the fridge owner's manual for water pressure requirements.

Also, don't forget the fridge typically has its own filter, which feeds both the icemaker and the water dispenser.  If this clogs up, obviously things won't work right.  But this is overlooked often enough that there is a sticker on the back of my fridge, addressed to the technician who is presumably there to fix it that actually says (paraphrasing a bit), "If you're here to fix the water dispenser or icemaker, check the filter first".  When these clog up usually the icemaker goes out first while the water still works.  If there is a supply filter before the fridge, the in-fridge filter should be replaced with a bypass unit that allows water to flow through it unrestricted.

IMO there are so few components for ice/water, all of which are so easy to diagnose, that any "tech" who cannot figure it out in 1 visit needs much more training.  I cringe at the thought of them having to diagnose and repair the rest of the fridge or, say, a heat pump central air system. 

whirlpool / maytag has up to $150 rebate for certain washer/dryer pair +
find a lower price and do price match at lowes +
10% lowes movers coupon +
qualified appliance rebate from lowers (close to 10%)

seems to be a good deal. just want to share.

Back