Apple Products for Fall 2021: iPhone 13, Apple watch 7, etc...

Loco_local said:
I'm disappointed my ipad mini2 is basically useless even though it's still in perfect condition. can't even use Spotify on it anymore.

Time to get back to pc.

If you're buying the iPhone 13 Pro Max be aware that the current batch of Defender Case holster/belt clip is defective.  The belt clip is too loose and the phone is prone to falling out.  They did a poor job at QC.  You can read the reviews here:

https://www.otterbox.com/en-us/iphone-13-pro-max/defender-series-xt-holster/78-80610.html#sz=94&start=1

The defender case itself is solid, just the belt cip that is defective.  I called Otterbox and was told that they are working on replacements and should be avail in 1-2 months.  I requested a replacement and they charged me like $7 or $8 for shipping (!).  Ugh.

There are 3rd party belt clips on Amazon and I do not know if they have same issue.

Loco_local said:
I'm disappointed my ipad mini2 is basically useless even though it's still in perfect condition. can't even use Spotify on it anymore.

There are shops and restaurants that use iPad mini's for POS / order entry.  Someone might be interested in buying that off you.

My issue with the new iPad mini is the price and chip used.  The price would've been easier to swallow if it used some version of M1.

Might be a bit unrelated but iPhone 12 and newer models can now unlock phones when wearing a face mask in the latest iPhone software update. It doesn't support sunglasses as it uses your eye to identify the individual but it does support people that wear glasses!

sleepy5136 said:
Might be a bit unrelated but iPhone 12 and newer models can now unlock phones when wearing a face mask in the latest iPhone software update. It doesn't support sunglasses as it uses your eye to identify the individual but it does support people that wear glasses!

I saw that when I updated to iOS 15.4 a couple days ago. Unfortunately, I'm still using iPhone X.  :p

Back