Apartment near a good elementary school

Oracle_IHB

Hello guys,

Can anyone recommend a good apartment community preferably walking distance from a good elementary school in Irvine or nearby areas?

I am looking for a 2 bed/2 bath apartment. I am planning to rent and patiently wait for the market to bottom :)

Thanks !!!

I used to live in Santa Rosa, a stone's throw from Plaza Vista School in Westpark. I moved for personal reasons, but it's a great family neighborhood and you really can't get any closer to a school than that.

[quote author="QH Renter" date=1236173343]Quail Meadows and Quail Ridge are a 5 minute walk from Alderwood Basics Plus.</blockquote>
I was gonna say that, there are a lot of kids in the Quail Meadows complex. I see them walking to school in the morning up the hill.

You cant go wrong if the school is IUSD. They are 100% zero tolerance for bs like drugs, etc. With that said, I second Alderwood as a good school, and it has been for quite a long time... even before they moved to Quail Hill. Also, I hear Bonita Canyon is a good school. Dont know about the others but again, its all controlled by IUSD, who doesn't mess around when it comes to education.

I understand that school is an important part of a decision, but there are so many other variables, like price, location, amenities, etc. The choice could go from the ultra high end Bordeax (do you really need an outdoor fireplace?) to the average Park West. Also, I would assume that you prefer to be around families, so check out the different neighborhoods to get some idea about the communities. (As you might know, the lease agents cant give this kind of info since it violates the Fair Housing Act.)

Another option you have is renting a condo/house. The down side is that Irvine apartments are very convenient so if the sink breaks, instead of 24 hours it might take a couple days for a standard landlord. But you might get more space/flexibility with a private landlord.

The point is, shop around. Look at a minimum of 3 places before deciding. I know it is not easy to shop around since all the apartments are IAC, but they have major differences. Ask a leasing agent, tell them exactly what you want. It is there job to find the right place that meets your needs. Even though I think they make a commission for signing you up, they also get a commission for referring you to the proper IAC community. If you go to the higher end places and ask them, usually they have the most experience, and will find the right place for you. Check out the website for the obvious stuff, then fine tune your decision by asking pre-planned questions to a leasing agent.

Good luck

Thanks all for your replies... I had Deerfield Elementary and Deerfield Apts on my radar though it was not mentioned by anyone.

Another thought is to look at Aliso Viejo or RSM apartment and school and save on rent (Not sure if there are Indian curry shops near by.. hehe) but since I work in Irvine my commute time will be more

With all the foreclosures I am not sure about renting a house/condo. I may get kicked out for no fault.

[quote author="Oracle" date=1236257227]Thanks all for your replies... I had Deerfield Elementary and Deerfield Apts on my radar though it was not mentioned by anyone.

Another thought is to look at Aliso Viejo or RSM apartment and school and save on rent (Not sure if there are Indian curry shops near by.. hehe) but since I work in Irvine my commute time will be more

With all the foreclosures I am not sure about renting a house/condo. I may get kicked out for no fault.</blockquote>

With all the CA education cutbacks, I feel better being in IUSD, assume that the wealthy around here (ex. city of Irvine, Donald Bren, or people I don't know - ex. heard a rumor that a generous donor up in Shady Canyon gave $50,000 for extra art teacher lessons at Bonita/Alderwood for 08/09 school year) will help to make up shortfalls.

Back