Anyway to get out of an escrow?

seller: this house is haunted.

asian buyer: ....

seller: like there are ghosts here. they will eat your flesh. and the dish washer is kind of broken.

asian buyer: ...

seller: they're re-assigning the schools in the area. your kids will attend woodbridge.

asian buyer: OOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote author="acpme" date=1211350279]seller: this house is haunted.

seller: like there are ghosts here. they will eat your flesh. and the dish washer is kind of broken.

seller: they're re-assigning the schools in the area. your kids will attend woodbridge.

asian buyer: OOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!</blockquote>

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1211337676][quote author="awgee" date=1211315635]Just put a few items in the disclosure: mold, cracked foundation, rats, leaky roof, termites. You real estate pros out there: Can you think of a few more "details" which may need to be disclosed?</blockquote>

Hurry and find some lead paint then do the living room in it. Some asbestos pipe wrap with a fraying cover. Inspectors love to check out attics with airborne carcinogens... Dead family pets buried in the backyard. Ah, I've got it! Unregistered sex offender in the house next door. No one wants to have their new house do a cameo on the next To Catch A Predator with Chris Hansen... Unstrap your water heater, remove the supports on the gas lines to your furnance, then refuse to do anything about it. Get yourself some radon gas, disperse it in the house, immediately have a radon gas test done, and then disclose the results to the buyer.

IR2 is trying to be nice and professional. No buyouts. You can get out of this...</blockquote>

Dude... that is a lot of work. Just tell them TenMagnet is your neighbor, and have them do a walk through around 9am on a Sunday so they see the girl who has to do the walk of shame.

Or, use the shrimp paste idea. No one, and I mean no one wants to live in a house that will induce vomiting.

[quote author="acpme" date=1211350279]seller: this house is haunted.

Maybe BK can weigh in with more info, but as I read awhile ago, only the white folk actually use the dishwasher to wash dishes. Other cultures just use it to store dishes because it is more traditional to wash dishes by hand.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1211372203][quote author="acpme" date=1211350279]seller: this house is haunted.

Maybe BK can weigh in with more info, but as I read awhile ago, only the white folk actually use the dishwasher to wash dishes. Other cultures just use it to store dishes because it is more traditional to wash dishes by hand.</blockquote>

This is 100% true. My fiancee and her mom NEVER run the dishwasher. They wash the dishes and then put them in there to store/dry.

1 and 1.5 generation mostly likely wash the dishes manually and use the dishwasher for drip dry. Frugality is usually the case. Save money on detergent $1.80 vs dishwashing liquids $7. Save water and electricity.

Public school is very important because of saving $$$ on private school tuition. Some parents are not educated and clueless about American history, English and science so good teachers are very important since they can't teach their children but relying on the good schools.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1211372203][quote author="acpme" date=1211350279]seller: this house is haunted.

asian buyer: OOOOOOO NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!</blockquote>

Maybe BK can weigh in with more info, but as I read awhile ago, only the white folk actually use the dishwasher to wash dishes. Other cultures just use it to store dishes because it is more traditional to wash dishes by hand.</blockquote>

[quote author="acpme" date=1211421118]eva, thats why the asian buyers response was ... :)</blockquote>

Ok, I don't know whether I was utterly clueless yesterday or needed your comments to better understand, but I get it now. :red:

Thanks!

escrowbear:

Just because you sell your house doesn't mean you have to move out, you can offer the new buyers rent to stay in the house. I can understand with a death in the family, the need to keep things the same for at least 6 months.

I would suggest you invite the new buyers to dinner at your home, to discuss your changed situation.

Just make sure there is a big plumbing truck or mold abatement truck in your driveway when they arrive for dinner. If they ask about it, say nothing. Their suspicions will get the best of them, and they will want out or at least another inspection.

...irvinefsbo

Back