Anyone try Chef Hung on Diamond Jamboree yet?

All the yelps were saying A&J is much better.  Only thing impressive was their menu, very fancy for a chinese place.

Went there last night. It felt like an upscale XLB house lol.. Didn't finish our food, left and got 85? afterwards  ::)

I think its ok food wise....... they have more choices than the other beef noodle places in irvine
the price is just too expensive! if it was 2 bucks cheaper for each item i might go 2 or 3 times a month.
That being said i wouldn't go back on a regular basis.. but its worth a try i think.

I just started a new job in Irvine, and had eaten at Chef Hung's for lunch twice.  I thought their quality was so-so and the noodles are over-priced.  If you want something more reasonable, try A&J or the new 101 Noodle Express instead:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/101-noodle-express-irvine
101 Noodle Express
5408 Walnut Ave
Irvine, CA 92618
(949) 654-8542

101 Noodle Express took over where Nice Time Deli used to be.  For those who are interested in restaurant goosip, Nice Time Deli used to be owned by a family of siblings who went and opened their own branches.  The Irvine location was sold to a Korean investor who wanted to get US Greencard via investor program.  He purchased 3 restaurants, Nice Time Deli in Irvine, a ramen place in Torrance/Gardena area, and another that I'm not aware of.  As soon as he got his greencard, he sold all the restaurants.  Some of the staff that used to work for Nice Time Deli now works next door.

Frankly after trying all the beef noodle places in Irvine, I should ask my Taiwanese friend to open one here... Her gourmet beef noodle is sensational! Chef Hung is just so-so. The main problem for me is their broth. The meat is tender the noodle is ok. But the soup is way too light.

As for 101 Noodle Express, there's some gossip flying around that keeps me away from it.  :-X

MonsterMom said:
Frankly after trying all the beef noodle places in Irvine, I should ask my Taiwanese friend to open one here... Her gourmet beef noodle is sensational! Chef Hung is just so-so. The main problem for me is their broth. The meat is tender the noodle is ok. But the soup is way too light.

As for 101 Noodle Express, there's some gossip flying around that keeps me away from it.  :-X

Now you need to tell the story... :)

Back