Anyone looking for a single-level hacienda walking distance to SJC ?

Actually, a party who had submitted a previous offer that we had kept in communication with. They will flip the house. Close is in a couple weeks.

movingbackeast said:
Actually, a party who had submitted a previous offer that we had kept in communication with. They will flip the house. Close is in a couple weeks.

Pretty risky to be doing flips in this market....good luck to them.  Congrats on the sale.

Closed at $920k.

If sold to a flipper as per earlier post, they may have a challenging time ahead.

My .02c

Usually prior photos are viewable in "Property History" however sometimes they can only be seen when logged in to Redfin.

Dang, that's alot of white paint there. The Hacienda charm is lost, but might be restored somewhat with the right decor and furniture.

Curious what is the best change seen - one that you wish you could have done while still owning? Sure, the kitchen update would likely top anyones list, but what else was a "wow" change here?

My 02c

All white is better than the previous ugly yellow.

They also took away the chair mat and made the bed!

The OP must be kicking himself.  Sold for 920k 6 mo ago, now listed at 1.4 M.

Soylent Green Is People said:
Usually prior photos are viewable in "Property History" however sometimes they can only be seen when logged in to Redfin.

Dang, that's alot of white paint there. The Hacienda charm is lost, but might be restored somewhat with the right decor and furniture.

Curious what is the best change seen - one that you wish you could have done while still owning? Sure, the kitchen update would likely top anyones list, but what else was a "wow" change here?

My 02c

My husband loves the kitchen but I would not have picked any of it. The floorplan changes I would have made would have been different. I don't need a kitchen that is that big... its half the house now - size was fine before. The bathrooms are beautiful but not even a tiny bit hacienda so I wouldn't do in this house. Fire pit over a fountain out front? Minimal landscaping - not even the small strip next to the driveway? I completely predicted a generic HGTV flip and that is what this is to me.

freedomcm said:
how much $$ do you think they invested in the renovation?

Other flips in the HOA by another flipper I had heard 200-300k - who knows? They did replace all the windows and doors and there were a lot of them, all the flooring, new kitchen, 3 new bathrooms (1 was unpermitted previously). Had to be a lot, right?

nosuchreality said:
Hmm, jimho, a tough price point in this market.  Devil is in the details, finishes and fit.  Seems very standard flip template.

Flippers use an interior designer once and then just buy the same materials over and over again for future flips.  Originality is expensive.

Back