Anyone live at Serrano or Las Palmas?

trojanman --- since I am pretty sure you can walk home from BJ's to either of these two communities, you really can't go wrong either way. And the ability to walk home is key, because I hear you may encounter some pretty tough characters over at BJ's --- the kind who force things like jagermeister on you.

[quote author="CK" date=1252650919]trojanman --- since I am pretty sure you can walk home from BJ's to either of these two communities, you really can't go wrong either way. And the ability to walk home is key, because I hear you may encounter some pretty tough characters over at BJ's --- <strong>the kind who force things like jagermeister on you</strong>.</blockquote>
Is that a threat or a promise?

[quote author="Irvinian" date=1252643313]I checked out Las Palmas and Serrano. I think Serrano might be a bit more but Serrano seems nicer and parking wasn't a big issued at Serrano. I was able to get the same floor plan for the same price at Serrano. This was back in 07</blockquote>

I live in Serrano currently, but will be moving out in a month. Parking at Serrano is hit or miss depending on where you live. If you take a close look at the site plan, all of the buildings in the middle don't have any extra parking spaces (other than your garage). If you only have one car then this won't be a problem, but if you have more than one or have guests often, it may be quite a long walk back to the apartment. I guess a lot of people have been complaining because we just got a notice that our garage will be inspected to make sure a car can actually park in there (happened a few months ago too...saw a lot of people cleaning out their garages the weekend before...)

[quote author="irvine_grad" date=1252632303]Water pressure is low (maybe just my apt...?)</blockquote>

I wasn't happy with the water pressure in Woodbury, but the maintenance guys were nice enough to crank it up in the garage by the water heater (apparently there is a valve there) and then remove the water saving ring or whatever it is from the shower heads. Problem solved. It borders on painful, which makes me extremely happy. :)

Back