Anyone knows what happened to Tim Lou from express windows??

monekoko

My friend has open project with him and his phone has been disconnected.
The problem is he already took $4500 deposit, but no sign of showing at all. My friend was supposed to have the windows done a week ago...

Probably at...

Bike.jpg

or

Santaanita.jpg

Sorry to say, but I think your friend will be out $4500.. why did he put down so much?  Usually its 10%.. unless he's getting $45,000 worth of window coverings.  It seems like quite a few people got ripped off by this Tim Lou guy. 

Unfortunately one of my clients gave Tim a $3k deposit for their shutters about a month ago.  They will be going to Irvine PD and filing a police report and going to small claims court.  It may be a good idea for everyone who was scammed by him to go together to the police department.  I'm sure a detective will have much better luck tracking him down than anyone else.  Feel free to PM me and I can pass on the contact info to my clients.

After some research here are three MUST-KNOW things you should confirm before hiring for remodeling projects.

(1) Always 10% or $1000 as contract deposit whichever is less.  Never pay more.  Exceptions would be kitchen cabinets & window coverings thou.

(2) Always pay the deposit with credit cards, therefore; just in case something like this happens, you can dispute the charges and get your money back.  If the contractor or company doesn't accept the credit cards, that usually means the business is not quite legit and reliable. I suggest you walk away. The risk is on your own.

(3) Always make sure that the contractor/company has properly categorized California Contractor License. e.g) C15 for floor covering.  Beware of contractors who do practically everything with one type of license. You won't get protected by CSLB(California State License Board) if something goes wrong.  And make sure they are bonded & insured, and the most importantly Worker's Comp insurance.  Without the work comp, if workers get injured in your house while working, they can technically sue you as well. You can confirm these things in www.cslb.ca.gov

He tried calling me about a month or more after I first contacted him about my windows, but by then I wasn't interested and didn't pick up.  That sucks that he took off with people's money.

when tim was with express blinds - would customers make the deposit check out to Tim Lou? or did he start taking people's money after he left express blinds?

also - for what it is worth, the lowest deposit i have seen on window treatments was 30%, not 10% - havent gotten an estimate from home depot yet though, not sure if they require a deposit. the credit card deposit is the best advice, charge-backs baby.

I'm also looking for this sleeze ball.  Fortunately he did install shutters for me, but everything was completely wrong plus he took almost 3 months to do it.  I order 3.5 inch he brings me 4.5.  I order roll down shades also and he says he couldnt read his own writing and screwed up.  He says it took along time cause his dad died.  I don't mean to be insensitive but I don't give a damn about his personal life, this is a business transaction.  He also caused damages to my brand new dryer and said he'll come back and fix everything and then bounced.  My attorney sent him a letter and it was all bounced back.  If anyone ever finds him, please PM me.

Btw, what did the police say when you made a report?

virtualguy said:
I'm also looking for this sleeze ball.  Fortunately he did install shutters for me, but everything was completely wrong plus he took almost 3 months to do it.  I order 3.5 inch he brings me 4.5.  I order roll down shades also and he says he couldnt read his own writing and screwed up.  He says it took along time cause his dad died.  I don't mean to be insensitive but I don't give a damn about his personal life, this is a business transaction.  He also caused damages to my brand new dryer and said he'll come back and fix everything and then bounced.  My attorney sent him a letter and it was all bounced back.  If anyone ever finds him, please PM me.

Police report?  I think we need to call in some hard hitting pipe welding brothas and get a blow torch and a pair of pliers.  It's time to get medieval on Tim Lou.

lilgophee said:
virtualguy said:

Police report?  I think we need to call in some hard hitting pipe welding brothas and get a blow torch and a pair of pliers.  It's time to get medieval on Tim Lou.

I love Pulp Fiction as well.

Sorry to hear so many people were fleeced by this guy.

Back