Anyone know why 104 Symphony hasn't sold?

frank69m_IHB

I know I made fun of it a few weeks ago because of the bad chinese number: 104 (jusk like 104 tearose), but it's been on the market forever, and it is by far $370/sq ft lower than all the other ones in QH that seem to loom at $430-$490. Just wondering if anyone saw the house and what issues it is having to be on the market this long and this low of a price.

I saw the house a couple of months ago. They did take the option to expand one of the kids' bedrooms into a private bath. However, the bedroom already had a jack-and-jill bath. So, the person has an option to use 2 bathrooms connecting the room. They should have made the option to make that private bathroom an extra sitting area- which I have seen before in the other Sienna models. Plus, the bathroom they did was carpeted- yuck.

They did not take the option to make the 3rd car garage into a 2-room guest suite. It is just an office.

I could not figure out what type of flooring was on the first floor. It looked dirty (not that it was but the color choice was dirty-looking). I asked the realtor what kind of floors these were, and he didn't know. I think it's just some sort of textured tile to look like stone.

The backyard was a little untidy, as was the rest of the house. It needed a good cleaning. It appeared (from looking at the master closet and from a very large family portrait) that it was a single dad living there with 2 kids. I didn't see any woman's clothes in the closet.

Frank Agahi's house a couple of doors down is much nicer but in general, I find the Sienna model a little closed in. I actually bid on the same model on another street back in Spring 2006. Thank God we didn't get the house.

Also- on this side of the street the backyard is a little claustrophobic as the backyard neighbors are above you so essentially you feel like you can be looked at from the houses in the back- so a little less private.

After reading some of these "4" comments- it does seem it could have some truth to the matter. Look at Turtle Rock- some many homes you would think would be selling, but there's a 4 in it. I see Newport Coast and there's a 2800 sq foot house (i think 54 Renata or 14 Renata) and it is not moving yet it's $1.29 million and it's getting "cheap" for a knife catcher and it's in the neighborhood where the elementary school is.

Back