Anyone know of a Chinese language forum like TI?

WillJoy

Does anyone know of a Chinese language forum like TI? I wonder if it would be beneficial to have a bridge between two sites so that members can exchange ideas.

Thanks.

This icity168.blogspot.com is a blog that seems to be dedicated to say "No' to the veteran cemetery. I wonder if the Chinese speaking community has an online forum for discussing local issues in general like we do here on TI. I guess not.

WillJoy said:
Thanks.

This icity168.blogspot.com is a blog that seems to be dedicated to say "No' to the veteran cemetery. I wonder if the Chinese speaking community has an online forum for discussing local issues in general like we do here on TI. I guess not.

I guess not. Chinese people from different areas have very different attitude towards 'fengshui' around tombs. The people care about this most are mostly from southern part of China, like Canton, HK, TW. I grew up in east China and we don't have that much taboo to have cemetery close to neighborhoods. When i was young, my father's plants building used to locate next to a cemetery and i was told our ancestries in the cemetery are 'guarding' the warehouse day and night >:D. The word coffin in Mandarin sounds exactly the same as being promoted and being rich. In Beijing, lots of neighborhoods and streets are named after tombs since those areas are developed on top of the relics of ancient cemeteries.

@willjoy, are you trying to ask about cemetery in Chinese in Chinese forum and get their feedback?  and try to prove that you are JUST ONE OF US?

yaliu07 said:
@willjoy, are you trying to ask about cemetery in Chinese in Chinese forum and get their feedback?  and try to prove that you are JUST ONE OF US?

Very funny, Yaliu. It depends on what you mean by 'US' - the  >:D anti-cemetery crowd or Chinese American?

WillJoy said:
yaliu07 said:

Very funny, Yaliu. It depends on what you mean by 'US' - the  >:D anti-cemetery crowd or Chinese American?

well, as a Chinese American, my communication skills SUCKS because ESL (English as second language).  i can NOT EXPLAIN what "US" mean.  however, i can SHOW YOU...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzE08aInn4

Bummer. My poor old PC doesn't even have a speaker so I have to miss this sarcasm. But to answer your question, I am neither above nor beneath you - I am a Chinese American so I do not have to prove or pretend.

Back