Anyone have any suggestions for a water softener and reverse osmosis?

I've asked this before but has anyone tried LifeSource? I hear their ads on the radio but no one on TI seems to have tried it.

I have a HALO5 conditioner and I bought water hardness testing kit from AMAZON.
The water hardness for conditioner was the same as the untreated water.
I also tried it on the Costco bottled water, and that was really soft.

I have been thinking this HALO5 cylinder in my garage was doing nothing, but I guess it's supposedly filtering something. 
LOL...

zubs said:
I have a HALO5 conditioner and I bought water hardness testing kit from AMAZON.
The water hardness for conditioner was the same as the untreated water.
I also tried it on the Costco bottled water, and that was really soft.

I have been thinking this HALO5 cylinder in my garage was doing nothing, but I guess it's supposedly filtering something. 
LOL...

Well, supposedly, a conditioner removes chlorine and reduces some other heavy metals likes lead, copper, iron, nickel etc.

Water hardness is caused by dissolved calcium and, to a lesser extent, magnesium.

Basically, a conditioner and a water softener have different functions.

All this water softener talk has got me curious about how mine is functioning. Does anyone have recommendations on a reasonably cost water hardness test kit? I looked on Amazon and most of them have mixed reviews. I do have a TDS meter for my RO but that doesn't really tell you hardness/softness.

You can request one here for free if you're comfortable giving up your info.https://www.discountwatersofteners.com/free-water-hardness-test-kit/

best_potsticker_in_town said:
All this water softener talk has got me curious about how mine is functioning. Does anyone have recommendations on a reasonably cost water hardness test kit? I looked on Amazon and most of them have mixed reviews. I do have a TDS meter for my RO but that doesn't really tell you hardness/softness.

Back