Any recommendations for carpet cleaners?

bitmaster20

Looking to have the carpet cleaned. Any suggestions are welcome? Wet clean vs dry clean, etc. Any company you would recommend? Thanks.

I used a company called Quality Carpet Cleaning. They used to be good but they are only as good as the contractors they hire (seems like they just phone out jobs to different independents). My last one wasn't so good... but the one they sent out before was amazing... got all the stains out so my carpet looked brand new.

You can google them but I can't guarantee you'll get the same guy I did.

As for type... I always wanted to try the dry or the ZeroRez ones but they are so much more expensive and I don't know if they are worth it. For wet cleaners, I've been told that the best ones vaccuum the cleaning solution so well that your carpets dry in a few hours... any longer than that and you got a bad cleaner.

Good luck and let us know which way you go.

I am happy with the results. I had been a couple of years since I had the carpets cleaned, so the high traffic areas were really starting to look dirty. The carpet looks fresh and clean. The guys showed up on time and were done in 2 hours.

So for the first time in my life, I rented one of those carpet cleaners you see at the grocery story (I think it was Rug Doctor).

It was for just one room and it was basically drink stains from the kids so I didn't see a need to get the carpet cleaned by a pro.

I never used those machines and was skeptical but the wife has been asking me to do it for a while. It was about $25 for a one day rental and the cleaning solution was another $15, so about $45 with tax.

It actually worked pretty good... at first I was confused on how to use it but once I figured it out, you can watch the stains disappear (yes... I know they will probably reappear again in a few months).

Lots of sweat equity, machine was heavy, had to refill with 2 gallons of water and cleaner twice (for just one room) so I couldn't see doing this for multiple rooms. Draining the leftover cleaning solution was a pain (no instructions). But, it dried pretty fast and the carpet looked clean again.

Next time, if we don't have it pro cleaned, will probably buy one of those hand steam cleaners as it was really only needed for spots and not the entire room.

So, they do work, but they may not be worth the work/time/cost.

Back