Amusing properties

graphrix

Long beach

Gotta park on the lawn

P712572_0.jpg

Mmmm... the ocean...

P712572_9_0.jpg

And... TenMagnet is known to jog in the hood too...

P712572_10_0.jpg

I think I have a new way to tell an "amusing property" find. Check the percentage of the listing pictures that aren't actually of the property. This one comes in at a whopping 61.5%! Anything over 50% has got to be a winner.

that house is no where close to 2nd street (3rd pic) or the beach (2nd pic), who is Justin Rudd? Probably stock LBC photo...

That is the one, but the curious thing is that the Redfin sales history makes it seem like it was a long time owner selling, when in reality the sicko panther dude refied the heck out of the place that he purchased maybe 10 years ago and the auction kept getting deferred.

By the looks of the pics, someone did pick it up at auction, fixed it up and is flipping for less than they could if they wanted to accept an FHA buyer, who would pay $40-50K more based on comps.

I never did tell you guys about this, but one early eve I was walking Maggie and some odd Euro guy pulled over and asked me if I knew where Surf St was. Being the polite neighborly person that I am, I immediately pointed, but then was filled with creepdom because I realized what he was looking for and I did something stuipd along the lines of saying, "and now I'm nauseauted, because I know." Frick, this was going on in my own neighborhood and it took the sagely cucumber cool BK to alert me before I had a clue.
I actually stopped walking the dog down there when I learned about it and am relieved that we can now safely stroll Surf without feeling creeped out.

Wow....I missed some huge BDSM convo apparently. Step, in ur hood? woah. (How did bk know about this in the first place? Grace ...... nah......) <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Not a really ostentatious house. What I would expect him to own. Looks from the taxes he is about break even.

Property Tax
Taxable Value
Land $1,049,337
Additions $349,777
Total $1,399,114
Tax (2008) $16,582

With enough money, why not install a Knott's Berry Farm-esque gold mine in the back yard.

P730409_21_0.jpg

"Extremely custom home"... "incredible mountain, mines, waterfalls, streams & decorator pond, gazebo w/ full entertainment center, patio w/ fire pit plus spa."

4590 Avenida Del Este, Yorba Linda

the extra awesome part of that yorba linda listing is that (based on a super fast glance at the nearby listings and recently solds on redfin) they think their landscaping makes their property WAY MORE VALUABLE than their neighbors.

Back