American Eagle silver sold out at APMEX within 24 hours...silver maples still avail $3.49 above spot

irvinefsbo_IHB

200,000 Silver American Eagles Sold Out in 24 Hours? Amazing!

12/01/2008 01:53:00 PM, Posted by APMEX, One Comment

APMEX kicked off our 12 Days of Christmas promotion on Cyber Monday and the results have been phenomenal. We expected this would be a great sale on a very popular item, but didn?t expect the flood of customers. It was like watching the flood of people at Wal-Mart on Black Friday looking for flat panel TV?s.

Amazingly, we sold out of our supply of 200,000 Silver American eagles within the span of 24 hours!

A huge number of customers flooded the site, causing the shopping cart system to crash earlier in the day. With our site down, customers lined up on the phone to place their orders. Needless to say, our trading department was a madhouse. Phones were ringing off the hook from the colossal amounts of orders.

While we would have liked to be able to return everyone?s calls, the sheer volume made this impossible. We?re trying our best to order more, but at this point we can?t make any guarantees. Be sure and check back with us regularly. We?ll keep you updated on events as they develop.

As a substitution we have reduced the price of 2009 Silver Maple Leafs to $3.49 over spot in any quantity while supplies last.

Don?t wait for the next rush, get yours today!

-------

I tried at least 10 times to get my order in, was finally able to do so at 11:53am. Their 800 number was busy since 7am. Was so tempted to borrow from my 0% credit card, but good sense prevailed. Silver maples @$3.49 above spot is a good price also.

irvinefsbo

Yep, I managed to get a few pieces.... family tradition. It was a small order but i was sooo suprised that it was so difficult to get through.

-bix

I'm glad I saved some money for the new Dec 2nd , today's special at apmex.com -- 1oz Credit Suisse gold bar for

$24.95 over spot! or $795.65 per oz.

One day only! These bars are on a slight delay. expect to ship by December 23, 2008 or sooner.

I'm still praying for < $800 gold for the 1oz maple or kangaroo.

Have not received by Silver American Eagles yet. supposed to ship on 12/6/08.

Payment recvd 12/2/08.

Bix you having any delivery problems?

...irvinefsbo

Back