Amber/Sorano at Blackstone

phanpd said:
z4fanatic said:
oh btw...  if you could pony up the extra money, definitely buy in Amber and not Sorano...  Sorano's floor plans can't match that of Amber's.

When did you buy, how long have you lived in the community?  I drove by yesterday and noticed some residents out and about.  I haven't settled on a floor plan yet, they all have their hits and misses.
From what I remember, Plan 2 was the most popular plan (selling at the fastest pace too) but you gotta buy the one that you like best and the one that fits your needs the best.

phanpd said:
z4fanatic said:
oh btw...  if you could pony up the extra money, definitely buy in Amber and not Sorano...  Sorano's floor plans can't match that of Amber's.

When did you buy, how long have you lived in the community?  I drove by yesterday and noticed some residents out and about.  I haven't settled on a floor plan yet, they all have their hits and misses.

I placed my earnest money in APR-12, back then the plan 2's were not selling as well as they are now.  I went to the community yesterday and talked to Linda/Ada about how they're selling; they told me they're receiving about 2 pre-quals a week for plan 2's.  I believe there might also be a waiting list for Plan 2's, they're sold the same day they're released.

I'm closing the first week of November.  They're definitely not as flexible in terms of price/incentives for the plan 2's, but I'm pretty sure you're able to bargain a little for plan 1's and 3's. 

I chose plan 2 due to it's rectangular open floor plan, the space in plan 2 is very well utilized, doesn't seem like there's much wasted space.  Also I loved all the windows on the 1st floor, and the decent view that come with most plan 2's. 

The price has gone up quite a bit, I think when Amber was first released, plan 2's were selling for 590ish?  Now they're going for 630ish?  I got in at around the mid-point of those two prices. 

Good luck!

Prices for the latest phase released this past Saturday, phase 14, were up from $570k from before to $585k now... That's for plan 1.  I heard from a friend that the plan 2s were selling for over $647k and that's up from the $630k before.  Don't know what the plan 3s are going for now but I'm sure those took a bump as well.

Is this dramatic increase normal as the builds for a community start drawing to a close, or is this a product of the current market?  Or perhaps a combination of both...

Phanpd - I think in general the pricing has gone up on these homes, especially plan 2's.  Plan 2's have been selling out the day they're released.  I believe they're on phase 13 now?  Certain phases have premiums built-in to the homes (view, lot size, etc).  I just checked Shea's site and it looks like the plan 2's are starting at 654k, so I'm assuming there's a huge lot premium.  I purchased phase 9, the lot I initially wanted sold for 12k more due to the lot being 800 more sq ft.  I have a pretty standard lot, I do believe it's a big bigger than the original releases, my lot is 3,500 sq ft.  We paid 614,900. 

I know they were building certain phases where there are only 3 homes (with huge lots) as opposed to 6 homes.  Check the sq footage out, if you PM me I'll give you my cell and answer any additional questions you may have.  Good luck!

I have lived in Brea since 1980, and I did not know they would build more houses above the fire station.  That land was owned by UNOCAL years ago.  They donated part of their land for the High school back in 1989.  Supposedly there was a nike hercules missile site back during the cold war. 

I just googled it, and there was one in Brea. 
http://www.laalmanac.com/history/hi08.htm

They're building more zubs...  Shea is going to begin construction on their ultra high-end Blackstone homes sometime next year I believe.  The land is being prepped and flattened, these homes will have awesome views.  I was talking to their sales office and the homes will be 4k+ sq ft and start at 1.2 million I believe...  How do you like Brea Zubs?  It really hasn't changed much, I went to Troy High School back in the late 90's, and other than downtown Brea, everything else seems relatively unchanged.

I can't wait to see how La Florensta turns out...  Wish they made Birch Hills a real 18 golf course like Black Gold... 

I went to the old high school before it was demolished and turned into Sprouts and Target.  I also went to the new high school when it was put on the hill with views of Catalina.  Unocal made the city richer by donating all that land.  The rent the stores pay in the Target plaza supposedly goes to the new high school.  Atleast that's what they told us when we were getting moved in 1990.

Brea real estate will go up because of its proximity to Rowland Heights.  Rich Asians don't want to live in ugly ass Rowland Heights, but they still want the food.  There is also a lot to do in the city itself.

Back