Amber at Blackstone

cameray

Amber at Blackstone - Coming Soon!

In the beautiful hills of North Orange County, nestled in a rustic setting near Carbon Canyon Regional Park, Blackstone will offer expansive community views and spectacular amenities. Residents of Amber can look forward to neighborhood parks, a recreation center with pool and spa, and a children?s water activities center. This new home community in Brea is part of the outstanding Brea Olinda School District ? recognized for its high percentage of National Blue Ribbons of Excellence and California Distinguished Schools Awards.

Plan%201a_4_medium.jpg

Plan 1
4 Bedrooms 2.5 Bathrooms
2,015 Square Feet
2 Car Garage

Amber%20Plan%202a_3_medium.jpg

Plan 2
4 Bedrooms 2.5 Bathrooms
2,199 Square Feet
2 Car Garage

Plan%203a_2_medium.jpg

Plan 3
4 Bedrooms 2.5 Bathrooms
2,177 Square Feet
2 Car Garage

Blackstone Grand Opening Event Saturday, March 12th

190477_10150105246688303_262297933302_6610939_3288097_s.jpg

(link)

Designed for families who love to live and play at home. Everything you love about Brea?and so much more. Please join us March 12th as we celebrate the opening of our newest communities ? Amber and Jade at Blackstone.

Date:  Saturday, March 12, 2011
Time:  11:00am-2:00pm
Where:  Blackstone
2678 E Pacific Ct
Brea, CA 92821 (view map)
Phone: (866) 696-7432

The whole family is sure to enjoy the following activities:

Food Truck Line-Up including The Grilled Cheese Truck, Long Boards Ice Cream, Fresh Fries LA
and Del?s Lemonade
Face Painter
Balloon Artist
Barista Service
Cookie & Biscotti Bar

Don?t Miss Out!

Plan 2 is nicest since it is situated on the side.  The wya they designed the homes actually gives you somewhat of privacy since the windows of the adjacent homes are higher.  I just dont like how they have one driveway, which then splits like a fork to 3 homes on left side and 3 homes on right side.  Feels a little clustered on these detached condos.  At $600k for 2k sq ft, in Brea, it seems quite a lot.  MR is low though.

I went with a buyer up there and I liked Plan 3 slightly more than I liked Plan 2.  Plan 3 had a better layout downstairs.  One thing I do like about the Plan 2 and 3 units is that they all have views.  The low MR was also refreshing to see...which TIC takes a que from Shea.

*bump*

Did anyone read the FAQ's they hand out at the sales office. I was rummaging through my papers that I got from them. Plan 2's are selling like hotcakes. They are reserved for plan 2's for up to like 3 phases ahead, so naturally, they jacked up the price. On the FAQ's, blackstone is built on ACTIVE oil fields, like YL, except YL's are not active. IN ADDITION, they are near a landfill, not sure which one. I can get over the landfill since they're everywhere, but they also mentioned trucks and the pumping of oil?!

I want to like this community, but I dunno, the active oil fields make me nervous. Even though the Brea Olinda School district is no irvine or YL, it's not south central either, plus schools aren't a big deal for me.

I'm interested in getting everyone's thoughts on this community.

Anyone been to these lately? I wanted to know how they are selling now considering oil wells and landfill, and the overprice feel to courtyard detached homes.

Not in the past month or so, but they're plan 2 is selling well and I thin it's because of the model plan which uses the space so well, but you kind of have to think to see if it's practical. Plan 3 is nice with a big downstairs. I'm not a fan of the shared driveway. I'd be screwed if 2 or 3 of my neighbors all left the house at 630am or we all decide to wash our cars in the same weekend.  The oil field is pretty close. Just about 1 mile away. I guess the plus here is that you kinda get a view with minimal, if any, lot premiums.

rimrattler6 said:
Not in the past month or so, but they're plan 2 is selling well and I thin it's because of the model plan which uses the space so well, but you kind of have to think to see if it's practical. Plan 3 is nice with a big downstairs. I'm not a fan of the shared driveway. I'd be screwed if 2 or 3 of my neighbors all left the house at 630am or we all decide to wash our cars in the same weekend.  The oil field is pretty close. Just about 1 mile away. I guess the plus here is that you kinda get a view with minimal, if any, lot premiums.
I have a buyer who is in contract on a Plan 2 and the reason why they picked it was exactly what you mentioned, the great use of space.  They'll be closing around the end of the year.

For plan 2's there are a lot of demand, so not much price flex. For the other plans, if you like them, I'm sure they will work with you on prices or incentives. Bryan at their sales office is really helpful.

Which plan(s) do you like?

kperez said:
are they getting the price they are looking for i wish they would drop the price
Shea was not flexible when it came to price on the Plan 2s when my buyers got into contract.  It seemed like the Plan 2s were selling at a good pace. 

I need to be close the freeway for commute reasons, I'm thinking plan 1 isn't too bad. I'm currently waiting on a shortsale at Tomlinson Park in Brea but thinking Sorano or Amber maybe my backup.

Hey USCTrojanCPA,

We are thinking of this development.  Did your buyer go with Shea Mortgage or outside. They are offering 10K (5K to closing costs, 5K upgradges) to go with in house lending but the rate is a bit high for 30yr mortgage (4.25/0points).  Doing the math, it would be approximately 850 savings per year on 30year fixed if we can get the rate  down to 4.0. That may only make sense if we buy and hold for a long term but we are looking to probably pay it off in less than 10 years so buyer incentive may make more sense.  Thanks for any input.

forouza1 said:
Hey USCTrojanCPA,

We are thinking of this development.  Did your buyer go with Shea Mortgage or outside. They are offering 10K (5K to closing costs, 5K upgradges) to go with in house lending but the rate is a bit high for 30yr mortgage (4.25/0points).  Doing the math, it would be approximately 850 savings per year on 30year fixed if we can get the rate  down to 4.0. That may only make sense if we buy and hold for a long term but we are looking to probably pay it off in less than 10 years so buyer incentive may make more sense.  Thanks for any input.
Replied to your PM....

Back