Alternative to lower prices...

akim997

Santa Cruz has been around since the introduction of the NHC 2010.  Here we are almost 2 years later and they aren't done with the development...  In addition, their prices haven't changed.  They just started throwing incentives at buyers... at one point they started throwing in a conservatory/ design credit, broker co-op, and backyard landscaping...  Is this the true sign the TIC is going to be firm to a certain degree on their pricing?
http://www2.villagesofirvine.com/mk/get/XWESCR013?_EC=bKCreKEKolQ1yfH6QgFQfY

What does this mean about other developments... no chance of future price drops? 

Don't Van Daele people have their own say on what incentives they should throw to speed up the pace of sales or it is all dictated by the almighTIC ?

akim997 said:
Santa Cruz has been around since the introduction of the NHC 2010.  Here we are almost 2 years later and they aren't done with the development...  In addition, their prices haven't changed.  They just started throwing incentives at buyers... at one point they started throwing in a conservatory/ design credit, broker co-op, and backyard landscaping...  Is this the true sign the TIC is going to be firm to a certain degree on their pricing?
http://www2.villagesofirvine.com/mk/get/XWESCR013?_EC=bKCreKEKolQ1yfH6QgFQfY

What does this mean about other developments... no chance of future price drops?

When I was there a few months ago I think the price on that Res 2 was over 700.  Also, I think they will nego price a lot to sell off if you are actually looking to buy.  Should be able to knock of 20~30K if you start signing papers.  On the other hand, don't buy there it is next to the 133 and sand canyon.  When the area builds out more you'll die from noise pollution (and maybe regular pollution as well).

yeah, i'm not interested in Santa Cruz at this time. 

How much negotiating room do these places have?  I've actually tried to make offers but have been given the middle finger.  Recently (albeit by Irvine Pac),  I was told that the only time I could see some additional discounts is when the specific house is within 30 days of target move-in...  I wouldn't be surprised if they were BS'in me... 

akim997 said:
yeah, i'm not interested in Santa Cruz at this time. 

How much negotiating room do these places have?  I've actually tried to make offers but have been given the middle finger.  Recently (albeit by Irvine Pac),  I was told that the only time I could see some additional discounts is when the specific house is within 30 days of target move-in...  I wouldn't be surprised if they were BS'in me...

Well, iPac is a special set of jag-offs, typically you'll have the most power on a 30 day move.  It is usually because it is a home that has been sitting around completed and they are just losing money at that point.  Builders have more info on what is selling around them than they let on and they won't move on pricing unless they really have to.  You'll have your best foot for a nego at the beginning or the end of a build out.  Either they will have not solidified pricing or, like in Santa Cruz, they need to gtfo and move on to new developments.  It also depends on the kinda offers you've made.  Asking 10% off the price open a new home isn't going to happen, you'd have to wait out the prices dropping like 7% and then maybe you can push for 3% less.  Used homes are probably easier to deal on, but I've only ever tried with new.

Back