Altair Auction

abhinata

What’s the story behind this Altair listing?

Is it the beginning of auctions and foreclosures as tech sector layoffs keeps coming?

What’s the story behind this Altair listing?

Is it the beginning of auctions and foreclosures as tech sector layoffs keeps coming?

Nothing to see here, it's just Hardcourts brokerage who does these "live auction" listings, it's not a foreclosure auction. The home will sell for way over $3.5m.

Nothing to see here, it's just Hardcourts brokerage who does these "live auction" listings, it's not a foreclosure auction. The home will sell for way over $3.5m.
I am always intrigued by live luxury home bidding. how does it work? each bidder needs to be pre-qualified? all cash offers only? other items in contract like
deposit amount, contingencies...etc are standard and no room for haggling?

Thanks Martin. Is that another way to sell luxury or expensive homes?

It's just a strategy that this particular brokerage uses to sell all kinds of homes, not just luxury homes. It's just a way to generate multiple offers and seeing if they can get what the seller is looking for. Sometimes if they don't get the high bid up to the minimum amount that the seller wants, they'll just change the price to an amount higher than the minimum amount the seller will accept.

I am always intrigued by live luxury home bidding. how does it work? each bidder needs to be pre-qualified? all cash offers only? other items in contract like
deposit amount, contingencies...etc are standard and no room for haggling?

I've never had any buyers bid on homes listed by this broker, but the seller can accept an offer anytime before the "live bidding" happens. It's basically similar to underlisting the home and getting multiple offers and seeing how high the highest bidder will go.

I believe there's a reserve price too - where the highest bid has to be above a certain price determined by the seller.

Guess the auction didn’t work, it’s back on the market at $4.1M, only $850k discount from when it was originally listed in late October.

Back