Allergies in Irvine

bruswain_IHB

Hello,

Any allergy sufferers in Irvine? Wondering how it compares to other areas in and around LA that you've lived in. We're in Diamond Bar now and my allergies are pretty bad here. So bad I'd consider moving.

~B

[quote author="bruswain" date=1239320110]Hello,

Any allergy sufferers in Irvine? Wondering how it compares to other areas in and around LA that you've lived in. We're in Diamond Bar now and my allergies are pretty bad here. So bad I'd consider moving.

~B</blockquote>

You might be interested in contacting (via email or PM) one of the lurkers here, who specializes in that sort of thing <strong><a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/member/458/">Irvine Allery Dr</a></strong>

Good luck,

-IR2

I find that the closer to the coast, the less symptoms I experience. I expect this is due to fewer plants spewing into the onshore breeze.

[quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1239363658]I used to live in Brea - My allergies were mild

Now I live in Irvine - My allergies are horrible! :blank:</blockquote>

I used to live in Chino Hills. My alergies were nonexistant.

I now live in Orange, and my alergies are worse than when I lived in the vineyard!

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1239365364][quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1239363658]I used to live in Brea - My allergies were mild

I now live in Orange, and my alergies are worse than when I lived in the vineyard!</blockquote>

That's odd. I would think Chino hills was bad, due to me being right next to it, as well as being pretty far inland.

[quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1239323175][quote author="bruswain" date=1239320110]Hello,

~B</blockquote>

You might be interested in contacting (via email or PM) one of the lurkers here, who specializes in that sort of thing <strong><a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/member/458/">Irvine Allery Dr</a></strong>

Good luck,

-IR2</blockquote>

Thanks, I'll see if they have any advice on this.

[quote author="bruswain" date=1239410837][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1239365364][quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1239363658]I used to live in Brea - My allergies were mild

I now live in Orange, and my alergies are worse than when I lived in the vineyard!</blockquote>

That's odd. I would think Chino hills was bad, due to me being right next to it, as well as being pretty far inland.</blockquote>

Orange plants some universial tree all over town that I'm highly reactive to. Chino Hills planted a different stock tree that doesn't bother me.

It's impossible to give you a complete answer without doing a full medical history and allergy testing to see what it is you are allergic to. The short answer is that most of Southern California has much of the same airborne pollen and mold counts and distribution. Sometimes people will say they feel better or worse after moving from one city to another, but considering that pollen is blown by wind, it is impossible to predict whether or not you'll feel better in one place or another. There are just too many factors in play.

What you can control is the home you live in. Newer homes tend to be better in terms of keeping pollen out because they are more airtight (as long as you keep windows closed). Minimizing carpet helps you keep floors cleaner. Keeping clutter down also makes it easier to dust, etc.

Back