Aliso Viejo vs Ladera Ranch

I'm starting to look outside of Irvine, not that I'm giving up on Irvine but if I were to buy outside of Irvine I'm thinking these two neighborhoods would be where I would look. Just wondering what everyone's thought were if you were to compare the schools, amenities, and value of these two neighborhoods. Which one would you choose?

Ladera is fantastic if you have kids. My big negative with Ladera is high HOA, taxes as well as the location. Unless you work down there it is quite a drive to get to Irvine for work. Aliso is older but still has decent amenities and lower taxes. Also slightly cooler in the summer. Pros and cons with both as in almost everything.

[quote author="sonicko" date=1235200038]Ladera is fantastic if you have kids. My big negative with Ladera is high HOA, taxes as well as the location. Unless you work down there it is quite a drive to get to Irvine for work. Aliso is older but still has decent amenities and lower taxes. Also slightly cooler in the summer. Pros and cons with both as in almost everything.</blockquote>

I hear a lot of people say Ladera is fantastic if you have kids. I think irvine is 10 time more kids friendly then Ladera. There are more play structures in woodbury along then the entire ladera.

So what I am missing?

I think the poster is saying that Ladera is better than Aliso Viejo if you have kids.

Irvine is 10 times better than everywhere in all departments (except BK asthetics).

My bad....I guess I can agree that Ladera is more kids friendly then some area of Aliso viejo. that is probably the only advantage Ladera has over Aliso Viejo. The best area of Aliso viejo is in Westridge. There is a park with structure there. They are also building a community center with pool, etc.

covenant hills is really nice. Much nicer than Aliso and Irvine IMO(except shady). Newer houses and bigger lots. HOA and taxes are high and Ladera location is kinda

"out there"

[quote author="socalmd" date=1235227289]covenant hills is really nice. Much nicer than Aliso and Irvine IMO(except shady). Newer houses and bigger lots. HOA and taxes are high and Ladera location is kinda

"out there"</blockquote>

Convenant Hills has a 405 / month assocation fee if you are ready to bite that. Coto's fee is around $250. I always ask people if you like convenant hills, why not just go to coto? Coto is a golf community, and you can get a nice home right on the golf course for the same price or a little bit more as some of the similar sized home in Convenant Hills. Also, I believe for resale, under the same market condition, Coto will always perform better than Ladera.

[quote author="irvine123" date=1235255149][quote author="socalmd" date=1235227289]covenant hills is really nice. Much nicer than Aliso and Irvine IMO(except shady). Newer houses and bigger lots. HOA and taxes are high and Ladera location is kinda

"out there"</blockquote>

Convenant Hills has a 405 / month assocation fee if you are ready to bite that. Coto's fee is around $250. I always ask people if you like convenant hills, why not just go to coto? Coto is a golf community, and you can get a nice home right on the golf course for the same price or a little bit more as some of the similar sized home in Convenant Hills. Also, I believe for resale, under the same market condition, Coto will always perform better than Ladera.</blockquote>

Coto is even more "out there" and not as new. A lot of people like new. Coto is very nice though.

Coto is far, but it is more a price to pay for a life style: golf course, horse riding, exclusive club.

Ladera ranch / Convenant Hills is a nice place to live. However, there is nothing too special about it. If there is tunnel in the moiuntian, you might as well spend extra 15 mins to live at the other side of the mountain. You can't say that about Coto.

Back