Aliso Viejo or Portola Springs

[quote author="PANDA" date=1219023052]

Northwood II: I followed a car right in front of me to get passed the gate of Northwood II. You know I actually liked Northwood II and I do like the fact that the HOA and Tax is much more reasonable than PS. The neighborhood also feeds into Northwood High which is a good plus. Some people may criticize Northwood II by saying that the lots are tiny compared to Northwood Pointe, but you are getting much older home in Northwood Pointe.

This is just Panda's opinion, but what you do you guys think?</blockquote>

I was once told that Northwood II elementary school is not as good as the ones for Woodbury and Northwood Pointe? Maybe someone can confirm this.

But then again, I am not a believer of "you must go to the best school or you are not going to make it in life (or at least to UC Berkeley)."

[quote author="ready2buy" date=1219361171]What do people think about Portola Springs versus Pasadera at Glenwood (specifically, as opposed to Aliso Viejo as a whole)?</blockquote>

Right on the money ready2buy, those are currently my two choices right now which is the reason i started this thread. 1. Manzanita 2. Los Arboles, and 3. Pasadera. i am not too crazy about Manzanita and Los Arboles for the reasons i mentioned above. Any chance that the plan 2 in Pasadera can get down to $600,000 range by 2009/2010 for new construction? Would Sheahomes completely stop building if got to be that bad? $700,000 plus 10% in upgrades for plan 2 is still bit of a stretch for Panda's budget. I am trying to make this work without having to sell my Chi-Town place in this horrible real estate market.

Also, is it true that there is NOT ONE asian grocery store in ALL of Aliso Viejo???? I told Ms. Panda this last night and she was like "WHAT?????" "You've got to be joking??". Perhaps Panda should start up the first Korean grocery store in Aliso Viejo and name it "K-Panda".

There are no full-sized Korean or Chinese grocery stores in South OC beyond Irvine. You'd find some small Filipino or Indian markets, that's about it.

I can't even think of one Korean restaurant nearby that compares with Hwarosarang in Buena Park.

If you're into plastic model kits, Tamiya's office is in Aliso Viejo...

[quote author="PANDA" date=1219366142][quote author="ready2buy" date=1219361171]What do people think about Portola Springs versus Pasadera at Glenwood (specifically, as opposed to Aliso Viejo as a whole)?</blockquote>

Right on the money ready2buy, those are currently my two choices right now which is the reason i started this thread. 1. Manzanita 2. Los Arboles, and 3. Pasadera. i am not too crazy about Manzanita and Los Arboles for the reasons i mentioned above. Any chance that the plan 2 in Pasadera can get down to $600,000 range by 2009/2010 for new construction? Would Sheahomes completely stop building if got to be that bad? $700,000 plus 10% in upgrades for plan 2 is still bit of a stretch for Panda's budget. I am trying to make this work without having to sell my Chi-Town place in this horrible real estate market.

Also, is it true that there is NOT ONE asian grocery store in ALL of Aliso Viejo???? I told Ms. Panda this last night and she was like "WHAT?????" "You've got to be joking??". Perhaps Panda should start up the first Korean grocery store in Aliso Viejo and name it "Little Panda HMART".</blockquote>

If you really want it, you'll have to sell the Chi-Town place. A few months ago I suggested to you to get a HELOC to finance the deal, but the banks are really clamping down on the lending. Last year WAMU reduced one of my HELOCs, and 3 weeks ago another bank froze my 100k HELOC. With 130k less purchasing power, I'm lucky that I didn't overextend myself. If this is happening to other Alt-A's, the non-starter home market will be slow for sometime

[quote author="momopi" date=1219367990]There are no full-sized Korean or Chinese grocery stores in South OC beyond Irvine. You'd find some small Filipino or Indian markets, that's about it.

I can't even think of one Korean restaurant nearby that compares with Hwarosarang in Buena Park.

If you're into plastic model kits, Tamiya's office is in Aliso Viejo...</blockquote>

NO!!!! This cannot be. How is this possible??? I can handle no "Irvine School District", 100% White Neighbors, and long commutes to work, but having no asian groceries nearby??? I don't know if i can handle that?? That is like putting Panda in a city and telling him that there no source of food nearby.

Yikes!

Well there are Trader Joes, that is kinda like an asian supermarket for the assimilated.

That said, you will be driving up into civilization frequently enough if you live down there that hopping off the freeway to hit an asian supermarket is pretty fast and easy (many are within a few blocks of exits).

Back