Airport area condominiums

jwblue

What are some good airport area condominiums to look into.  Any to avoid?  Any new complexes on the time horizon?

eyephone said:
jwblue said:
What are some good airport area condominiums to look into.  Any to avoid?  Any new complexes on the time horizon?

Not my first choice

What are the reasons?  I might decide they are valid reasons for me not to move there.

jwblue said:
eyephone said:
jwblue said:

Not my first choice

What are the reasons?  I might decide they are valid reasons for me not to move there.

The assigned school to that. Isn?t it Santa Ana School District?
I don?t know if you have a kid, but your future might have a kid.

Burn That Belly said:
I truly believe the Blue Bay condo will be one of the better built condos in the IBC area. It features steel load-bearing construction being 7-stories so that means low noise transmission and vibration. Plus, it's got glass structure surroundings and great proximity to DJ. Also has a rooftop chilling area. It should be a dream bachelor pad home for many FCB children.

Love that architecture.  I can't find any pricing yet.  What would be a good guess for the 1 BR?

Scrolling through the data Broker Julie shows these to be in IUSD.

File this under things that make you go hmmmmm

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People said:
Scrolling through the data Broker Julie shows these to be in IUSD.

File this under things that make you go hmmmmm

My .02c

I thought he was talking about Central Park West.

Hmm

Burn That Belly said:
P.S. Lately, I've been noticing the McLaren seems to be the most popular choice among FCB children. Rolled up next to this kid and revved him up. He absolutely only looked 19, with his baby face and geeky glasses.

JLeTgan.jpg

It's a good choice for the price point. Your alternative would be a Porsche 911 Turbo S. Sorry USC, but McLaren > Porsche.

I also agree it is popular among FCBs/parachute kids. I see one in my neighborhood driven by some Asian teenager and he parks it on the street as if it were a Kia.

jwblue said:
https://www.minnpost.com/second-opi...-been-seriously-underestimated-study-suggests

LAX is the sixth busiest airport in the world in terms of "movement" (flights), and the third busiest in North America, behind the Hartfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and the O?Hare International Airport in Chicago, according to the Airports Council International. (The Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport is ranked 11th in North America and 16th in the world.)

The scientists found that over a 23-square-mile area ? an area that starts at the ends of LAX?s four runways and then fans out east for more than 10 miles downwind of the airport  ? particle-matter concentrations were double what they were in nearby areas outside the area of LAX impact.

They also found that the concentrations were five times higher over a 9-square-mile section of the impact area, and within an almost 2-mile area just east of the airport, the particle-matter pollutants reached concentrations that were 10 times higher than in the non-impact areas.

?The consistent and distinctive spatial pattern of elevated concentrations was aligned to prevailing westerly winds and landing jet trajectories, and roughly followed the shape of the contours of noise from landing jets,? the study?s authors note, ?indicating that landing jets probably are an important contributor to the large downwind spatial extent of elevation [particle matter] concentrations.?

The authors also calculated that the amount of pollutants produced by LAX is equivalent to the particle-matter pollution of 174 to 491 miles of freeway. To put that number in context, the total number of freeway miles in Los Angeles County, where LAX is located, is about 930.

?Therefore,? the scientists conclude, ?LAX should be considered one of the most important sources of [particle matter] pollution in Los Angeles.?

momopi said:
The scientists found that over a 23-square-mile area ? an area that starts at the ends of LAX?s four runways and then fans out east for more than 10 miles downwind of the airport  ? particle-matter concentrations were double what they were in nearby areas outside the area of LAX impact.

They also found that the concentrations were five times higher over a 9-square-mile section of the impact area, and within an almost 2-mile area just east of the airport, the particle-matter pollutants reached concentrations that were 10 times higher than in the non-impact areas.

"10 times higher" meaning what?  10 times .00001 ppm lax airplane cancer is still .0001 ppm.  is .0001 ppm (or whatever the number is) significant to do anything?

momopi said:
?Therefore,? the scientists conclude, ?LAX should be considered one of the most important sources of [particle matter] pollution in Los Angeles.?

This is an excellent point.  I wonder how the pollution in the SNA area compare to the LAX vacinity?

Back