AirBnB issue in Irvine

Irvinehomeseeker

AirBnB listings are everywhere in Irvine, most common in new developments. My next door unit has been that went way....New folks every other day, which doesn't give a good vibe to the community.  When occupants move out, they leave trash outside and it looks like a mess in a new beautiful community. I forwarded the listing to the HOA manager and I was told a letter of violation will be sent to the owner. I also called and reported to city of irvine code enforcement. Will the city really do anything?
There seems to be AirBnB and birth tourism rampant in new or newer communities of irvine. I see so many immigrant pregnant women around my community. They deliver the babies, stay for a month or two and then they are gone!

It?s up to you to take action.
(Here are a few examples: email the hoa daily, call or email the city daily, take pictures of the trash and attach it to the emails, tell your neighbors about and hopefully they will complain)

eyephone said:
It?s up to you to take action.
(Here are a few examples: email the hoa daily, call or email the city daily, take pictures of the trash and attach it to the emails, tell your neighbors about and hopefully they will complain)

i agree. keep making noise and keep following up to escalate the situation if whoever you've reported this issue to is not acting on it.  the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
AirBnB listings are everywhere in Irvine, most common in new developments. My next door unit has been that went way....New folks every other day, which doesn't give a good vibe to the community.  When occupants move out, they leave trash outside and it looks like a mess in a new beautiful community. I forwarded the listing to the HOA manager and I was told a letter of violation will be sent to the owner. I also called and reported to city of irvine code enforcement. Will the city really do anything?
There seems to be AirBnB and birth tourism rampant in new or newer communities of irvine. I see so many immigrant pregnant women around my community. They deliver the babies, stay for a month or two and then they are gone!

Which village is this from?

the.irvine said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

Which village is this from?

Sounds like the hottest village in town.

pregnancy FOBs don't bother me much; they will be around for 9 months. 

Even airBNB doesn't bother me unless people are partying unreasonably, or leaving trash outside.  At that point the owner is doing a poor job of being discrete where opportunities exist to be discrete.

Does it annoy you that much?  why?  Does pregnant ladies walking around affect ROI?  Does it ruin your life knowing you see random people on the streets?  I get it that you paid a lot of money to live in IRV, we all did...but why mad bruh? 
Should I report to the HOA that some people don't use both parking slots in the Garage (it looks like lots of storage + mini gyms...i read my HOA contract and its specifically forbidden!  The only exception is if you have just 1 car and want a workspace with the other half) and some go as far as not even *gasp* parking in the garage at all.

full disclosure: I don't house pregnant fobs, don't trust airBNB tenants in IRV, and actually live in my unit  8)

Irvinehomeseeker said:

Are you in Stonegate? I literally read an identical comment in the Stonegate wechat group yesterday.

Back