Advice on what Irvine neighborhoods to buy?

accord_IHB

Hi, I came across this site since I am planning to move to Irvine and have always wanted to be in OC and have found all your posts very informative. Can anyone give advice, recommendations or suggestions on what specific neighborhood I can find a home in Irvine? As a buyer, I'm looking for:

1. <strong>Contemporary house in <u>new</u> neighborhood</strong>: not one built in the 1960-70's (I didn't know that Irvine had old homes with outrageous asking prices!). Preferably built within last 4 years.

2. <strong>Gated</strong> community;

3. <strong>Lots of privacy</strong>: my family and I have always lived way to close too to other neighbors. What neighborhoods have homes typically set back far from the street and each other? I don't want to see my neighbors and what they're eating for dinner, etc.

I was looking at Northpark based upon recommendation of a friend--but have heard other good things about other communities. It sounds from this blog that no one really likes Turtle Ridge? It appears to be old compared to the newer neighborhoods in Irvine? Can anyone tell me the differences, positives/negatives about the other areas in Irvine (Laguna Crossings, Quail Hill, etc.) and which out of these would you recommend meeting the things which I'm looking for? Thanks for all your help!!

<p>Hate to tell you, but you need to move to the midwest, unless you are willing to pay 1.5mil and up.</p>

<p>OC is one big cookie cutter homes, especially those built 4 years a go.</p>

#3 will be hard to find, unless you have deep pockets. Many homes are 10-15ft apart from each other and even your backyard neighbors could be only 40-50 feet away, potentially less. However, a good builder will offset the windows so that you're not looking directly into your neighbors dining room.

<p>Sorry, mistaken about Turtle Ridge.</p>

<p>I owned there.</p>

<p>It's stunning.</p>

<p>Only issue is price.</p>

<p>You might be thinking of Turtle Rock, but that is also a very premium area.</p>

accord,

It will be very difficult to find what you are looking for. All the new construction is very dense, and it has a lack of privacy. If you can find something new and with a lot of privacy, expect to pay a LOT for it. If you don't know how much a LOT is, go to <a href="http://www.redfin.com/stingray/do/listings-search#search_location=Irvine,%20CA&residential=true&condo=true&min_price=&max_price=&num_beds=&num_baths=&time_on_market_range=-&min_listing_approx_size=&max_listing_approx_size=&sold_within_months=0&min_parcel_size=&max_parcel_size=&min_year_built=&max_year_built=&status=1&lat=33.669465712570116&long=-117.8231107&zoomLevel=14&currentLocation=Irvine,%20CA&disp_mode=B&market=socal">Redfin</a>.

I would look in Turtle Ridge or Quail Hill. Woodbury is too dense and flat to provide any real privacy.

Back