Adios Affirmative Action

Happiness

Thank you Ward Connerly, your struggle has not been in vain.

Remember kids, diversity is different people having different beliefs; People of different colors who share the same beliefs is not diversity.

well, I understand the intention of affirmative action and there are certain demographics are fore under-privileged (especially the ones you don't see in Irvine) and have a uphill battle the day they were born. I am kind of torn on this.

well, I understand the intention of affirmative action and there are certain demographics are fore under-privileged (especially the ones you don't see in Irvine) and have a uphill battle the day they were born.
No doubt. Personally I think our efforts our better served by protecting academic meritocracy than trying to compensate for unavoidable inequality. There's room for both, but maybe it's wrong reward and punish students based on their race.

Well, no matter how you feel about the policy of affirmative action, the phrase "equal protection of the laws" either means something or it doesn't. The Supreme Court decided to interpret this case based on the plain meaning of the text.

There are plenty of ways the government, and we as citizens, can help underprivileged students, but ignoring the Constitution and especially an amendment that many Americans died to enable the passage of, shouldn't be the way we attempt to reconcile inequalities. It's a lazy shortcut.

Back