A Wanna-Be NO MORE!!!

[quote author="pebbles"]Awesome - congrats![/quote]
Thanks pebbles, it took about a year but it's finally over. ;D

[quote author="biscuitninja"]Nice! We'll do lunch again... it'll be my treat![/quote]
Thank you sir, I'll take you up on that offer. <!-- s:cool: -->:cool:<!-- s:cool: -->

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]I got the letter approving my application for the CPA license from the California Department of Accountancy Friday and sent in the license fee earlier today. I should have my CPA license number within 7-10 days. A "Wanna-Be" NO MORE!!![/quote]

Congrats again!

Now you need a nice frame and wall for that parchment.

My favorite (and only) accountant joke. And I'm going to have to make up some of the particulars, since I only really remember the punch line...

Bill began his working career in the company accounting department as a junior staff accountant. But he worked hard, never made mistakes, and, over the years, he rose through the ranks to become the company's V.P. for Accounting. Others were inspired by his dedication and skills, and were eager to emulate him. They came to notice that, every day as he began work, Bill carefully opened a locked drawer of his desk and read a message posted there. He would carefully read the passage and nod his head, then lock the drawer and begin his day's work. Everybody wondered what words were so powerful -- so inspirational -- that Bill would want to read them every day and that would sustain him in his long professional career. But Bill would never talke about it, nor allow anyone else to see in the drawer.

After long company service, Bill died. All the company's staff mourned the loss of such a valuable, dependable employee who had contributed so much to the company's success over the years. As a memorial, they decided to have a service to finally reveal Bill's words of wisdom, so that others could benefit from them. They moved Bill's desk to center stage -- brought in an orator to read the words -- and the drawer was opened. As everyone listened attentively, the words were read: "Debits on the left, Credits on the right!"

Congrats, USC.

^^ Thanks to GoIllini.

Non-accountants may not get that joke but being exposed to it quite a bit made this very funny and accurate to me. I thought it was going to be that "division by 9 transpo error" but that was more basic to the general rules of accounting.

Funny, a coworker and I were just quizzing each other today on how much we could remember from those first accounting classes. I quizzed him on when to apply credits or debits (I couldn't remember either)

His response was "all I remembered was debits on the left, credits on the right"

[quote author="25inIrvine"]Funny, a coworker and I were just quizzing each other today on how much we could remember from those first accounting classes. I quizzed him on when to apply credits or debits (I couldn't remember either)

His response was "all I remembered was debits on the left, credits on the right"[/quote]
Ahh yes, those are the basics of accounting.

The really cool part with me now is that instead of telling my buyers to consult with a CPA and/or a tax professional when they have tax related questions, I can just go ahead and answer them myself. <!-- s:p -->:p<!-- s:p -->

[quote author="25inIrvine"]Does being a CPA affect your current consulting job at all? Or just for what you want to do after it?[/quote]
I'm done with the bank consulting job, but the CPA will help a lot in getting an accounting/finance consulting gig. It a step towards getting back into an accounting/finance position.

[quote author="goillini"]My favorite (and only) accountant joke. And I'm going to have to make up some of the particulars, since I only really remember the punch line...

Bill began his working career in the company accounting department as a junior staff accountant. But he worked hard, never made mistakes, and, over the years, he rose through the ranks to become the company's V.P. for Accounting. Others were inspired by his dedication and skills, and were eager to emulate him. They came to notice that, every day as he began work, Bill carefully opened a locked drawer of his desk and read a message posted there. He would carefully read the passage and nod his head, then lock the drawer and begin his day's work. Everybody wondered what words were so powerful -- so inspirational -- that Bill would want to read them every day and that would sustain him in his long professional career. But Bill would never talke about it, nor allow anyone else to see in the drawer.

After long company service, Bill died. All the company's staff mourned the loss of such a valuable, dependable employee who had contributed so much to the company's success over the years. As a memorial, they decided to have a service to finally reveal Bill's words of wisdom, so that others could benefit from them. They moved Bill's desk to center stage -- brought in an orator to read the words -- and the drawer was opened. As everyone listened attentively, the words were read: "Debits on the left, Credits on the right!"

Congrats, USC.[/quote]
haha Yeah, that's the basic 101 concept of accounting. <!-- s:p -->:p<!-- s:p -->

Back