A guy on house arrest at the Village IAC Apts

wendyinoc_IHB

So I am at the pool and I see a guy wearing an ankle braclet. People were also talking about it at the pool. Shouldn't someone be in their house if they are on house arrest? I am really upset about this. I pay big bucks to live at this place and now to scare to leave my purse when I swim. Anything I can do about this?

[quote author="wendyinoc" date=1246862212]So I am at the pool and I see a guy wearing an ankle braclet. People were also talking about it at the pool. Shouldn't someone be in their house if they are on house arrest? I am really upset about this. I pay big bucks to live at this place and now to scare to leave my purse when I swim. Anything I can do about this?</blockquote>

If it is indeed an actual electronic monitoring bracelet, then perhaps the man is on a curfew program. With the curfew program, the subject is allowed to do things such as attend work and go to certain functions as long as they return home by their curfew. Not all are on a restricted program, which is when the home acts as their jail cell. (I don't know how broad the range is outside the residence before it goes off.)

Aside from that, I personally leave my wallet at home when I'm going swimming and just bring a couple essentials / non-valuable items because I don't trust anybody, electronically-monitored or not.

Were you at the Delrey pool yesterday? I think I heard the same guy talking about this.

In fact there have been a number of strange happenings in the last few months in the Delrey building. In April my wife and I came home from the store to find the Irvine Police Department knocking down someones front door with a battering ram. Then a few weeks ago we saw police officers taking away computers, monitors, external hard drives from someone's apartment near the village fitness center early in the morning.

For the most part I have really enjoyed living at the Village, especially in the summer when its nice to sit outside and enjoy the amenities.

I saw a guy wearing an ankle bracelet at the Ralphs on Alton and Jeffery, I thought it was strange that he was allowed to go out in public.

[quote author="wendyinoc" date=1246862212]So I am at the pool and I see a guy wearing an ankle braclet. People were also talking about it at the pool. Shouldn't someone be in their house if they are on house arrest? I am really upset about this. I pay big bucks to live at this place and now to scare to leave my purse when I swim. Anything I can do about this?</blockquote>

I really wouldn't worry about someone wearing an ankle bracelet, I don't think this person has any interested in violating the terms of his semi-freedom in order to take someone's wallet at a pool. Like So Cal said, it's those not wearing an ankle bracelet that you have to worry about. I guess living in an Irvine complex has given you some false sense of security. Did you really think that paying "big bucks" for something makes it secure? Quite the contrary I believe, it only makes people think you have something worth taking.

Why do you rob banks?

That's were the money at.

Leave your purse at home. Just take your keys and essentials to the pools. The keys should not have an apt. number on they key chain. Don't take your car keys with a remote or garage door opener.

Total security is an illusion, but being alert and taking preautions are better than being Pollyanna and a victim.

I'm not surprised with my experiences at the Village.

Third floor, 326x apartment areas have a bunch of miscreants.

I have noticed the quality of the tenants going downhill in the village. Noticed a couple of prostitutes entering the building on Friday night. Still debating whether I should complain.

It's sad, the community used to be really nice.

Oh come now, maybe they were just some women dressed to attract the attention of the right kind of man? Or going to a costume party, perhaps. :)

[quote author="rick_r" date=1246941392]I have noticed the quality of the tenants going downhill in the village. Noticed a couple of prostitutes entering the building on Friday night. Still debating whether I should complain.

It's sad, the community used to be really nice.</blockquote>

You should ask them how much they charge. This is Irvine so they should be a higher class of prostitute

[quote author="rick_r" date=1246941392]I have noticed the quality of the tenants going downhill in the village. Noticed a couple of prostitutes entering the building on Friday night. Still debating whether I should complain.

I want to know how Rick knows this.

Have you frequented these prostitutes in the past, or did one of them hand you a price sheet for "services rendered"?

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1246959783][quote author="rick_r" date=1246941392]I have noticed the quality of the tenants going downhill in the village. Noticed a couple of prostitutes entering the building on Friday night. Still debating whether I should complain.

I want to know how Rick knows this.

Have you frequented these prostitutes in the past, or did one of them hand you a price sheet for "services rendered"?</blockquote>

Quit the diversion tactic, you know you don't wanna get caught again.

[quote author="Stuff It" date=1246949649][quote author="rick_r" date=1246941392]I have noticed the quality of the tenants going downhill in the village. Noticed a couple of prostitutes entering the building on Friday night. Still debating whether I should complain.

You should ask them how much they charge. This is Irvine so they should be a higher class of prostitute</blockquote>
The questions that should have been asked....were they hot and why were pictures not taken??? Maybe there is a high class brothel run out of The Village....IAC hookers FTW!

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1246971321][quote author="Stuff It" date=1246949649][quote author="rick_r" date=1246941392]I have noticed the quality of the tenants going downhill in the village. Noticed a couple of prostitutes entering the building on Friday night. Still debating whether I should complain.

You should ask them how much they charge. This is Irvine so they should be a higher class of prostitute</blockquote>
The questions that should have been asked....were they hot and why were pictures not taken??? Maybe there is a high class brothel run out of The Village....IAC hookers FTW!</blockquote>

Actually they where really hot.

I was walking outside of the building by the starbucks. Two babes got out of a car dressed pretty scantily. Immediately caught my attention. There was a guy with them that stayed in the car (pimp or bodyguard) . I was walking about 30 feet behind them and overheard their conversation on their cell phone with the prospective clients. They happened to walk in the same door I did into the complex and there was 4 guys greeting them. They where either prostitutes or strippers. Strippers, I don't mind but hookers, I'm not so sure.

[quote author="rick_r" date=1246972154][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1246971321][quote author="Stuff It" date=1246949649][quote author="rick_r" date=1246941392]I have noticed the quality of the tenants going downhill in the village. Noticed a couple of prostitutes entering the building on Friday night. Still debating whether I should complain.

The questions that should have been asked....were they hot and why were pictures not taken??? Maybe there is a high class brothel run out of The Village....IAC hookers FTW!</blockquote>

I was walking outside of the building by the starbucks. Two babes got out of a car dressed pretty scantily. Immediately caught my attention. There was a guy with them that stayed in the car (pimp or bodyguard) . I was walking about 30 feet behind them and overheard their conversation on their cell phone with the prospective clients. They happened to walk in the same door I did into the complex and there was 4 guys greeting them. They where either prostitutes or strippers. Strippers, I don't mind but hookers, I'm not so sure.</blockquote>
Most likely strippers/dancers hired for a little bachelor party. 4 or more guys + 2 hot girls = special show....1/2 guys + 2 hot girls = hooker sex So I've heard.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1246972381][quote author="rick_r" date=1246972154][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1246971321][quote author="Stuff It" date=1246949649][quote author="rick_r" date=1246941392]I have noticed the quality of the tenants going downhill in the village. Noticed a couple of prostitutes entering the building on Friday night. Still debating whether I should complain.

I was walking outside of the building by the starbucks. Two babes got out of a car dressed pretty scantily. Immediately caught my attention. There was a guy with them that stayed in the car (pimp or bodyguard) . I was walking about 30 feet behind them and overheard their conversation on their cell phone with the prospective clients. They happened to walk in the same door I did into the complex and there was 4 guys greeting them. They where either prostitutes or strippers. Strippers, I don't mind but hookers, I'm not so sure.</blockquote>
Most likely strippers/dancers hired for a little bachelor party. 4 or more guys + 2 hot girls = special show....1/2 guys + 2 hot girls = hooker sex So I've heard.</blockquote>

We'll they can be both Stripper/hookers can't they?

[quote author="rick_r" date=1246972444][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1246972381][quote author="rick_r" date=1246972154][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1246971321][quote author="Stuff It" date=1246949649][quote author="rick_r" date=1246941392]I have noticed the quality of the tenants going downhill in the village. Noticed a couple of prostitutes entering the building on Friday night. Still debating whether I should complain.

Most likely strippers/dancers hired for a little bachelor party. 4 or more guys + 2 hot girls = special show....1/2 guys + 2 hot girls = hooker sex So I've heard.</blockquote>

We'll they can be both Stripper/hookers can't they?</blockquote>
For enough money, of course. Again, not that I would know. Man, I'm missing out on all the excitement by living at Quail Meadows. :(

[quote author="RSweetman" date=1246867625]Were you at the Delrey pool yesterday? I think I heard the same guy talking about this.

In fact there have been a number of strange happenings in the last few months in the Delrey building. In April my wife and I came home from the store to find the Irvine Police Department knocking down someones front door with a battering ram. Then a few weeks ago we saw police officers taking away computers, monitors, external hard drives from someone's apartment near the village fitness center early in the morning.

For the most part I have really enjoyed living at the Village, especially in the summer when its nice to sit outside and enjoy the amenities.</blockquote>

I was at the pool. The only reason I was informed of the ankle bracelet was my friends were from Palmdale. They see more of this stuff. Of course they made fun of Irvine after that.

Back