A Good Shrink?

It's a very individual thing. What works for one person might not be a good choice for you.

You might want to specify what you need - psychiatrist, psychologist, or Marriage and Family therapist. There are differences in what they do and how much they cost. Also, there are professionals that specialize in geriatrics, adults, adolescents, and children. Some professionals are willing to take insurance payments and some want you to get your own reimbursement and pay them directly. Some will not take insurance at all anymore. Some will work with serious mental illness, family issues, depression and anxiety, etc. and some won't.

If you have an EAP where you work, you can contact them to get some names. There's also County Mental Health (Health Care Agency in Orange County) or contacting a church or a university psychiatry or psychology department if you're looking for additional options.

Make sure you talk to the person you're considering over the phone or at least have an initial meeting to make sure it's the right choice for you. Don't just pick a name out of the phone book and hope they will be the right person.

[quote author="Astute Observer" date=1227071588]Do you know any professionals who will charge my insurance, and pay me half of the insurance payment as kickback within two weeks? ;)</blockquote>

That probably won't happen since insurance reimbursement usually isn't the greatest for mental health services.

Thanks for the comments. I understand there are so many kinds of shrinks. I need to find a shrink to talk about my frastrations between reality and ideal, my feelings and doubts. Churchs will not do the work, they may, I hope God can work things out in a myterious way for, however it's not a case. My insurance will cover most of cost of a shrink.

[quote author="Anon." date=1227071000]It's a very individual thing. What works for one person might not be a good choice for you.

You might want to specify what you need - psychiatrist, psychologist, or Marriage and Family therapist. There are differences in what they do and how much they cost. Also, there are professionals that specialize in geriatrics, adults, adolescents, and children. Some professionals are willing to take insurance payments and some want you to get your own reimbursement and pay them directly. Some will not take insurance at all anymore. Some will work with serious mental illness, family issues, depression and anxiety, etc. and some won't.

If you have an EAP where you work, you can contact them to get some names. There's also County Mental Health (Health Care Agency in Orange County) or contacting a church or a university psychiatry or psychology department if you're looking for additional options.

Make sure you talk to the person you're considering over the phone or at least have an initial meeting to make sure it's the right choice for you. Don't just pick a name out of the phone book and hope they will be the right person.</blockquote>

Bikers don't have problems!

[quote author="PeterUK" date=1227066388]Yeah, your local Bike Shop, you never see a Bicycle outside a Shrinks' Office...</blockquote>

[quote author="gld42" date=1227066156]Can anyone refer a good shrink?

Thanks</blockquote>

Try a <a href="http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=CS-5VA">5 Vegas</a>. For me, cigars "Slow" me down. When I'm on the balcony and just sit and relax for an hour, it's very therapeutic, for me at least.

I think you're the only one that can truly help yourself.

Good luck.

Kim Quickel Mc Mfcc (Marriage and Family Counselor)

30011 Ivy Glenn Drive

Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

(949) 249-9001

I was referred to her by our family doctor. She was quite helpful and very understanding. Hope this helps.

Thank you all!

Just want to clarify, I don't need family and marriage Counselling. Like what IR said, Writing here satisfies him. Satisfation or success is a thing or feeling what I need. I am still young, and don't want to waste my life, however there is no direction for me....

Back