A bunch of houses selling on the same street (north of Portola Springs)

someguy said:
aquabliss said:
Here's another one:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/120-Catalonia-92618/home/58551538

Looks decent.  Small yard but nobody directly behind.

That's a nice looking house and seems like a fair price.  I wonder what the deal is with that street...

Wow this one closed at $374 sq ft.  I bet the owners in this community are pretty pissed.  Bought in early / mid 2014 and after landscaping costs / realtor fees / upgrades post close, they're probably breaking even.

YellowFever said:
Time to update the hazards sheet! That disgusting rotten landfill runoff must explain all the smell people have been experiencing but no one agrees as to where it's coming from.  We now have a suspect. I have biked around runoff drains and basins and they certainly are stinky stinky.

It's too coincidental that all the homes are being sold simultaneously.  It's likely a common demominator problem that all these home owners are suffering from and PS people still live in denial until they've actually LIVED and experienced this area. There are certainly good parts of PS that have little issues but there still too much drawbacks about PS overall.

How about lambert ranch?

YellowFever said:
Time to update the hazards sheet! That disgusting rotten landfill runoff must explain all the smell people have been experiencing but no one agrees as to where it's coming from.  We now have a suspect. I have biked around runoff drains and basins and they certainly are stinky stinky.

It's too coincidental that all the homes are being sold simultaneously.  It's likely a common demominator problem that all these home owners are suffering from and PS people still live in denial until they've actually LIVED and experienced this area. There are certainly good parts of PS that have little issues but there still too much drawbacks about PS overall.
Apparently, it is the flood control channel--which is NOT part of the landfill. It seems that heavy rains/storms clogged flood channels. And, guess what: flood channels are in every part of the city.http://www.ocflood.com/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?BlobID=32736

Following is the response from officials:
"the probable source has been identified as a flood control channel located adjacent to the community. The channel is managed by the County Flood Control District. OCWR is working with Flood Control management to ensure that the channel will be cleaned to remove stagnant water, silt and debris and that ongoing maintenance will be performed."

Back