85C Bakery busy busy

iacrenter

I like to get my Sea Salt coffee on my days off and it never ceases to amaze me the popularity of this place. Even though it is a weekday, this place was packed this afternoon--the line was almost out the door. I am sure on the weekends it must be crazy. There are so many Asians there it feels like a TIC Grand Opening day.

A friend of mine says they take in $300K+/month (don't ask how he knows)--I believe him. I am surprised they haven't opened a 2nd or 3rd location yet.

iacrenter said:
I like to get my Sea Salt coffee on my days off and it never ceases to amaze me the popularity of this place. Even though it is a weekday, this place was packed this afternoon--the line was almost out the door. I am sure on the weekends it must be crazy. There are so many Asians there it feels like a TIC Grand Opening day.

A friend of mine says they take in $300K+/month (don't ask how he knows)--I believe him. I am surprised they haven't opened a 2nd or 3rd location yet.
Let me know if they are franchising.

I don't understand it either... I know people who travel from outside of Orange County just to go there.

But then again... we went to Portos Bakery all the way in Glendale.

My coworker takes toll road from Anaheim Hills to go there.
When I tell him that I live in Irvine but have never been there because I hate DJ parking, he is just shocked.

Maybe I should check it out and find out what all the fuss is about.
But, then I have other coworkers who tell me it's no big deal and is just like other Chinese bakeries in Irvine.

Irvine2Irvine said:
My coworker takes toll road from Anaheim Hills to go there.
When I tell him that I live in Irvine but have never been there because I hate DJ parking, he is just shocked.

Maybe I should check it out and find out what all the fuss is about.
But, then I have other coworkers who tell me it's no big deal and is just like other Chinese bakeries in Irvine.

two words to change your mind:  choco bun

irvinehomeowner said:
I don't understand it either... I know people who travel from outside of Orange County just to go there.

there is a portos in Downey now. No need to go to glendale anymore.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:

there is a portos in Downey now. No need to go to glendale anymore.

Portos mango desert, now missing the cookie on bottom and glaze on top.  ;p

I used to go to 85C when it first opened and there was rarely ever a line. Now, it's out of control. I'll only buy something if there's no line. Not worth the wait.

Back