$800,000 townhomes come to market in Irvine?s business district

USCTrojanCPA said:
The bedrooms, including the master, look fairly small.  I think these will appeal to DINKs or college kids/beginning professionals (parents will buy or assist with the purchase) and the downstairs bedroom can be rented out for extra cash flow.

I wonder if another market is empty nesters that are amenable to an urban environment but have job ties to the Irvine area? My wife loves cities, but my business is tied to Irvine, so I could see us moving into a more walkable/urban area after the (future) youngest child goes to college.

Though I have to say, the number of amenities there is not great. You don't really have everyday quick-service restaurants other than Mick's Karma Bar close by, unless you want to do that unpleasant walk to Main/MacArthur. No grocery/market except for the Liquor store next to Main/Cartwright. I would rather see this kind of housing typology next to Campus Plaza, The District (that infill lot of the Army National Guard next to Luna Rossa would be great), or  Diamond Jamboree. Then again, making predictions that are 20 years out is tricky business.

HMart said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
The bedrooms, including the master, look fairly small.  I think these will appeal to DINKs or college kids/beginning professionals (parents will buy or assist with the purchase) and the downstairs bedroom can be rented out for extra cash flow.

I wonder if another market is empty nesters that are amenable to an urban environment but have job ties to the Irvine area? My wife loves cities, but my business is tied to Irvine, so I could see us moving into a more walkable/urban area after the (future) youngest child goes to college.

Though I have to say, the number of amenities there is not great. You don't really have everyday quick-service restaurants other than Mick's Karma Bar close by, unless you want to do that unpleasant walk to Main/MacArthur. No grocery/market except for the Liquor store next to Main/Cartwright. I would rather see this kind of housing typology next to Campus Plaza, The District (that infill lot of the Army National Guard next to Luna Rossa would be great), or  Diamond Jamboree. Then again, making predictions that are 20 years out is tricky business.

Did Mick's reopen somewhere else in the area?

Aradi said:
WTTCHMN said:

Looks interesting, price is ok for a district I guess. I hope they will put all properties for sale in Irvine here https://tranio.com/usa/ca/irvine/. Would you personally buy this townhouse for $800,000 if you had opportunity?

Maybe if it was $600,000. Ok, maybe $700k for the biggest floor plan.

Back