Status
Not open for further replies.
Floor plans look nice! Definitely see some re-use/variations from The New Home Company's Olivia track in San Juan.

FARMMMMMIE said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
$3M+ and you still can't get a 3-car wide garage????  :eek:

Not everyone cares about a 3CWG... If someone wanted that they'll buy an older home in Irvine..  ::) :p
Says someone who hasn't owned *lived in* a 3CWG.

Once you experience a 3CWG, you can't imagine having anything else (well... a 4CWG... heh).

Qwerespanol may never move out of CS because of his 3CWG.

IHo is right. I really cAnt imagine going back to a two car garage.

It's like when asian girls go mexican, sex is never the same again. Mexican = 3cwg :)

irvinehomeowner said:
FARMMMMMIE said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Not everyone cares about a 3CWG... If someone wanted that they'll buy an older home in Irvine..  ::) :p

Once you experience a 3CWG, you can't imagine having anything else (well... a 4CWG... heh).

I had a 4CWG when I lived in Riverside. Single story 3200 square foot home, 1/3 acre. But now I live on a postage stamp sized lot in Irvine with my 2 car garage (home's much bigger though now).

NYT said:
irvinehomeowner said:
FARMMMMMIE said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

I had a 4CWG when I lived in Riverside. Single story 3200 square foot home, 1/3 acre. But now I live on a postage stamp sized lot in Irvine with my 2 car garage (home's much bigger though now).
Did it hurt? :)

When we moved from a 3CWG back to a 2CG (which really was only a 1CG since all our junk was in the other space),  I was in deep pain.

irvinehomeowner said:
NYT said:
irvinehomeowner said:
FARMMMMMIE said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Did it hurt? :)

When we moved from a 3CWG back to a 2CG (which really was only a 1CG since all our junk was in the other space),  I was in deep pain.

It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. We're a 2 car family. Sometimes I miss it, but it's not that big of a hit.

Fiano Preview Grand Opening today.

Quite impressive homes, but I've only come to expect the best from The New Home Company. Slightly smaller than Trevi in terms of size, but even more upscale overall. Large ocean and canyon view lots. Unique designs with a few "oh wow" outstanding features.

First, the price lists:

phase1_zpsfw6uw6jg.jpg

phase2_zpsiljdt8in.jpg

Site map:

sitemap_zpswi8ywqcy.jpg

Plan 1 Photos (my favorite model)

Driveway leading up
1b%20Front_zpsmmv3b8p7.jpg

Front
1c%20CloserFront_zps8a8gnjuf.jpg

Courtyard entry
1e%20Courtyard_zpsu3uffjhz.jpg

Front Bedroom
1d%20Front_zpsejskynvn.jpg

Great Room
1f%20Great%20Room_zpsdeajhuin.jpg

Great Room
1g%20GreatRoom_zps6pmnre20.jpg

Dining Room off entry courtyard
1h%20Dining%20Room_zpsjwxztlot.jpg

Lower level Master Bedroom
1i%20Masterbedroom_zpsa0kloa7u.jpg

An amazing master closet
1j%20MasterCloset_zpsjott2esu.jpg

Back Yard
1o%20Back%20Yard_zpsxd16igfp.jpg

Back Yard
1m%20Back%20Yard_zps8rfccsbx.jpg

Ocean View from rear yard
1t%20Back%20View_zpsb0xx1tir.jpg

Side Yard
1z%20Side%20Yard_zpsa69ustgl.jpg

View of Back of Home
1r%20Back_zpsspgpxszj.jpg

I'll post pics of the other two plans tomorrow.

Went to the Grand Opening today.  As NYT mentions, the homes are impressive.  Better than Trevi (which I wasn't that impressed with anyway) and much better floorplans than Hidden Canyon (sorry, Caitlin).

ps9 will like plan 1... it reminded me of La Vita plan 4.  IHS, with his internalized sinophobia, will also approve, as the crowd was 98% white.  IHO, however, will fail (no 3 CWG, which was surprising given the $3.7 million price point).  In fact, two of the plans had no option for even a tandem garage.

I was surprised at the low turnout.  They clearly expected more people with 20 valet parking attendants just mulling around.  The signage leading up the models was poor (no flags, no big TIC directional signs).  Fiano is part of a built-out gated community, which I didn't realize.  I had to ask the gate attendant if I was even in the right place.  If you go, I'd definitely take directions or you won't find it.

It's at the top of the hill, which means your ears will pop multiple times as you ascend.  Don't know if I would like going up and down the hill every day, especially since the school is at the bottom.  It's definitely not walkable, or even bikeable (for a kid).

The valet parking was a nice touch.  No food, but they were giving out really nice embroidered hats and boxed chocolate toffee.  TNHC must have also read TI because the floorplans weren't photocopied this time but printed on foldout paper and presented in a folder.

The front setbacks were very impressive.  The backyards, however, were small, considering the size of the homes.  I was also really disappointed with the views.  I expected more given the hype and the altitude of the community.  I wouldn't even call them ocean views... more like peek-a-boo ocean.

I was also surprised that the great rooms and bedrooms were comparatively small (again, given the size of the homes).  But they definitely went all out on the closets.  All of the closets, including those for the secondary bedrooms, were massive.

Overall, the models were well done and definitely worth looking at.  If I had to rank the current offering of 4,000+ sq ft homes, I'd say Fiano > Trevi > Hidden Canyon.

WTTCHMN said:
Overall, the models were well done and definitely worth looking at.  If I had to rank the current offering of 4,000+ sq ft homes, I'd say Fiano > Trevi > Hidden Canyon.

I can't decide if I like Trevi more or Fiano. Trevi's are a bit bigger overall, but Fiano, at least in the models, had finer touches. No floorplan, either from Trevi or Fiano, hits all the right notes for me, personally. For that, I'd want the Plan 2 at Oliva. That model, with the upstairs option, is perfect for me. Too far south though :(

Plan 3 Photos

I only have a couple photos of Plan 2. Didn't take many because that floorplan didn't really appeal to me.

Plan 3 Entrance
3b%20Front_zps0qdczrng.jpg

Plan 3 Entrance
3c%20Front_zpsgf14ncdd.jpg

Plan 3 Kitchen/Wine Room
3j%20Wine%20Room_zpse1w4qf95.jpg

Plan 3 Kitchen
3f%20Kitchen_zpsae7vjuvc.jpg

Plan 3 Family Room
3o%20Fam%20Room_zpstur99vzu.jpg

Plan 3 Great Room
3g%20Kitchen_zpsvvynvzxj.jpg

Plan 3 Great Room
3d%20Courtyard_zpselu8hiob.jpg

Plan 3 Great Room
3n%20Fam%20Room_zpsusnr1n5y.jpg

Plan 3 Great Room
3e%20Courtyard_zpsf5ndxgn9.jpg

Plan 3 wine room
3i%20Wine%20Room_zpstqrraa1f.jpg

Plan 3 Master Bath
3p%20Master%20Bath_zpsxgcthi51.jpg

Plan 3 Yard
3k%20Back%20Yard_zpsnvycxelw.jpg

irvinehomeowner said:
Am I really the first one to point out the difference in these pics and pics from Irvine new home grand openings?

The difference being...?

My pics weren't from the grand opening weekend. My pics were from a preview event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back