7-year ARMs

locolocal

Say you got one of those 7 year ARMs in 2005 and it was scheduled to reset in a couple months, would your payments be more or less than they were?

I seem to remember back in the IHB days that the consensus was that housing was going to implode around now.  But I don't think anyone guesses that interest rates would be at historic lows seven years later.

locolocal said:
Say you got one of those 7 year ARMs in 2005 and it was scheduled to reset in a couple months, would your payments be more or less than they were?

I seem to remember back in the IHB days that the consensus was that housing was going to implode around now.  But I don't think anyone guesses that interest rates would be at historic lows seven years later.
Today your rate would reset to about 3.375% or 1-year LIBOR (rounded up to the nearest 1/8%) + 2.25%. 

I'm assuming they are less.

Even mid 2000 OptionArms loans are less now because the rates are so low... I recall the teaser rates were in the 4s or 5s... which is where 30yr rates are now.

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm assuming they are less.

Even mid 2000 OptionArms loans are less now because the rates are so low... I recall the teaser rates were in the 4s or 5s... which is where 30yr rates are now.
HAMP 2.0 is allowing even folks who are underwater to refi to rates in the mid 3s. 

irvinehomeowner said:
I need to get on this HAMP 2.0 or is it HARP 2.0? So confusing.
The program even lets your refi rental properties so long as the loan is owned by Fannie of Freddie.  I'm refi'ing one of my rentals down from 5% to 4.25%.

Back