7 passenger cars

We currently have the Lexus LX570 for a 7 seater, it's a great all weather car but we mostly have one type of weather here in Socal so it's kind of overkill.  The fit and finish is wonderful, quiet, comfy and easy on the eyes. 

Some other suggestions:  Q7, Sequoia, Pilot, MDX have pretty roomy third rows.

Not sure how much you guys are looking to spend.

All depends on your budget and need for space. Here are my picks:

Luxury SUV: MB GL 450
--Basically an S-class with 3 rows. Has lower center of gravity and better car like handling versus other large SUVs. Every luxury feature you can imagine with a base price starting at ~$65k. You can choose between the base V8, upgraded V8, and even a diesel model with great gas mileage.

Mid-Budget SUV:
Mazda CX-9
--Seats 7, updated in 2013 with new bodywork, great driving dynamics with a starting price at $29K. Still has lots of luxury/technology with awd, xenon light, keyless entry, heated seats, cameras, nav, and upgraded sound system.

Ford Flex
---Starting $28k, seats 7 , has a lower roof height versus traditional SUVs, lots of interior leg room, and distinctive exterior styling (IMHO the new Range Rover seems to have copied Ford's exterior styling cues). It has a range of features including awd, MyFord Touch System (nav/technology package), optional eco boost engine with a turbo v6, 44 inches of leg room for 2nd row, and 20 cubic feet of storage behind the 3rd row.

Luxury Wagon:

Mercedes E-350 Wagon
--All the luxury, safety, and ease of driving of a Mercedes sedan but with the flexibility of 7 passenger seating.  Starting at $58k will get you a V6 and standard all wheel drive. This maybe a little tight if you really need 7 adult sized seats. The 3rd row is a rear facing setup in the back meant mainly for kids. If you really want to spice it up, order the E63 AMG S-model--this will add a turbo V8 and cut your 0-60mph commuting time with the kids down to 3.6 seconds  ;D

We liked the Infiniti QX60 (used to be called the JX35).

Lots of technology that Nissan put in there, 360 camera view, cross traffic collision detection and stuff other makers are now adding.

The cheaper version, with the same tech but not as luxury, is the Nissan Pathfinder.

I think the new Toyota Highlander is can seat 8 now and it has something all you ladies want:

2014_toyota_highlander_4dr-suv_limited_cc_oem_1_500.jpg

I've been looking at the Land Rover LR4.  One of the few SUVs that can fit actual adults in the 3rd row, and 3 car seats across the 2nd row.  Sat in one at a car show, and it seems that 3rd row actually has more leg room than the 2nd row.  The 2014 switched to a supercharged V6 with auto start/stop instead of the 5.0L V8, so should be more fuel efficient.

Hmm, no one took the obvious.

Tesla S.  Seats 7 with the rear facing seats in back.

Lease, I think $569/mo. effective after guaranteed trade-in.

I think your three year TCO on most of those SUVs will be similar or higher unless you drive it into the ground over the next ten years.

Used Sequoia (2005-2007ish). It's a reliable car, seats 7, won't set you back too much. If you don't like it, try again.

Any 7 passenger car should be measured. Some don't fit in garages well and I know from experience that the Sequoia is a tight fit.

The old truck style SUV 7 passenger vehicles are true land barges and you  trade fuel savings and handling for extra space. People like the idea of the extra utility but don't really use it. They are also a PITA to park in most indoor garages or your favorite Asian strip mall. IMHO I'd stick with a cross over vehicle or wagon.

Tyler Durden said:
However most women seem to have anxiety about driving vehicles bigger than minivans.

Truer words were never spoken. Even minivan size makes me uncomfortable.

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
bones said:
No minivans (sorry no offense to other minivan drivers, but I'm not a minivan girl).
Any particular reason why?

Have you test driven one? Once you go auto sliding door... you'll never ask for more.
Minivans = teh suck!
Say that with 8 people in your car... oh wait... you can't.

#MinvanBurn

Back