68 Irvine townhomes priced as low as $425,000

Agree, this is great for people who don't have the income now or in the forseeable future to afford to buy a market rate home. Especially when you look at market rents these days.

fatduck said:
aquabliss said:
Owning this place will cause you angst and animosity for your neighbors outside of the community.  Imagine buying this for $450k then in 20 years, surrounding townhomes same size as yours are selling for $1.5M and you can only sell for $650k.  I guess you knew that going in, but still very frustrating.

but this assumes your alternative option is buying a $1m townhome.  for people who qualify for one of these houses, the alternative is renting.

if you buy one of these low-cost townhomes you're paying like $3k or so a month in mortgage + HOA.  i doubt you can rent a similar townhome in PS for less than that (plus rent goes up every year). 

yea when you sell in the future your gains are capped, but at least you get some limited return on equity.

i really doubt you'd have any difficulty unloading one of these in the future given the level of interest in the initial sales of these.

Well, if you qualify to buy one of these homes, that means you can't afford to buy a $1M home.

Back