6 Indiana, Irvine

Pookie_IHB

Anyone has any opinions on this house? Sorry I could not post a link because my work has block all those websites.

The List price seems very nice for that size, even though the back is facing 2 busy streets. I have not been in there (since it's gated) to see if I like that area. But the $/Sq Ft is quite attractive.

Here you go:

<a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/6-Indiana-92606/home/4677228">http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/6-Indiana-92606/home/4677228</a>

And it is also featured in IR's blog post today: <a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/blog/comments/indiana-walnut-irvine/">http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/blog/comments/indiana-walnut-irvine/</a>

I love the 3 car wide garage and the 3 car wide and double deep driveways. May I suggest paving over the front yard and park the 10th car on the new driveway.

The house is listed at a very good price and the lot is over 8,000 sf.

You better hurry before IHO beats you to it.

Walking distance to IHB trivia #14.

I put an offer for one of my buyers on the property. The listing agent indicated that he has received over 20 offers as of yesterday evening.

[quote author="Pookie" date=1253162562]Thank you.

Anyone like the houses in that community?</blockquote>
I actually like Harvard Square except for two things:

1. Don't buy a home too close to the freeway.

2. It's gated.

I know some people like #2 but to me it's a hassle.

The central park is nice and the community is "neighborly". The fact they have 3CWG (3-car wide garage) is a big plus for me.

I will surely fetch more than $655k due to lots of FCBs out there but I wouldn't buy it because it backs Walnut/Harvard (I will never buy a house next to a major street again).

At 3450sft... this will probably get $800k or more (maybe even $900k).

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1253164485]I put an offer for one of my buyers on the property. The listing agent indicated that he has received over 20 offers as of yesterday evening.</blockquote>
You still have buyers looking? Man... how many people are you representing you homebuyer pimp?

So, uh, what range did you bid in?

I think if you're not close to $900k, you're not in the contest. That Woodbridge home is going to go for $1mil.

Darn FCBs.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1253165202][quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1253164485]I put an offer for one of my buyers on the property. The listing agent indicated that he has received over 20 offers as of yesterday evening.</blockquote>
You still have buyers looking? Man... how many people are you representing you homebuyer pimp?

So, uh, what range did you bid in?

I think if you're not close to $900k, you're not in the contest. That Woodbridge home is going to go for $1mil.

Darn FCBs.</blockquote>
I'm working with a handful of active buyers and a few more sideline buyers that I'm working with but the lack of inventory is problem. There's a few strategies that I have proposed to a few of my buyers (think of it as "out-of-box" thinking to find some stealth listings).

Now you know I can't tell you what kind of offer my buyers put in, but nice try.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1253166022]Now you know I can't tell you what kind of offer my buyers put in, but nice try.</blockquote>
I wasn't trying to find out their exact bid... just wanted to know what you valuated the property at. Disregarding your buyer's bid... can you PM me what <strong>you</strong> think it should go for?

Thanks USC... I hope your buyer isn't an IHBer but at least you used a broad range.

Seriously though... this house is probably worth about $700k and to think it will go for more than $800k range... argh... what happened to falling prices?!? I blame the banks for holding on to those REOs and the gov for helping them do so.

Wow, horrible backyard location. That entire multi-intersectional area is just busy busy busy busy. The winning bidder should invest in some double-pane windows.

Trees are better for buffering noise as well filtering traffic dust. 2 layers of trees should also shade the south western sun the least desirable orientation.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1253250583]Trees are better for buffering noise as well filtering traffic dust. 2 layers of trees should also shade the south western sun the least desirable orientation.</blockquote>
Unless there is a tree made of sound absorbing concrete, they are pretty much useless against traffic noise. 2 layers of trees with 1000ft buffer between them would help though.

(can you tell I'm bitter about traffic noise?)

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1253257300](can you tell I'm bitter about traffic noise?)</blockquote>

You picked a really lousy county to live in, then.

Back