5 days of mail not 6

halfnote19_IHB

<a href="http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/28/news/economy/postal_service/?postversion=2009012817">USPS may cut day of mail delivery</a>

The U.S. Postal Service may be forced to eliminate a day of mail service because the economic downturn has led to plummeting volume and revenue, the postmaster general said in Senate testimony Wednesday.

[quote author="halfnote19" date=1233218458]to plummeting volume and revenue, the postmaster general said in Senate testimony Wednesday.</blockquote>
We have a number of companies in this country that can handle the packages and "letters" in a more efficient and timely way, and email covers the rest. I think USPS should be retasked as a legal delivery service and then have that service outsourced to another company like UPS or FedEx.

USPS sucks anyway. They are the worst at delivering your packages on time, and their online tracking system is a joke. No wonder they're hurting.

I used to do postal work many moons ago as a young person. When they started delivery confirmation service, many of the old timers such as my pick-up guy (Hi, Alan!) did not like the change and refused to scan the packages. Items marked "fragile" would be purposely tossed like a basketball into the collection bin (not me) or go on the bottom of heavy piles. This is what happens when they allow outsourcing at contract stations such as where I worked. My most memorable moments were catching three separate individuals wanted for postal crimes.

I doubt I'll notice as our mailman refuses to deliver the mail if one of the neighbor's teenage friends parks in front of our mail box, which is at least once a week. Heaven forbid that he would have to get out of his truck and risk getting a sun burn.

[quote author="ABC123" date=1233224485]I doubt I'll notice as our mailman refuses to deliver the mail if one of the neighbor's teenage friends parks in front of our mail box, which is at least once a week. Heaven forbid that he would have to get out of his truck and risk getting a sun burn.</blockquote>

hahaha!

I haven't had much luck with any of our mail delivery people in Laguna Niguel, we would always get a bunch of letters addressed to neighbors and who knows where the letters addressed to us went. But here at the Village I haven't had a problem with that yet.

I have a bad feeling that they are going to eliminate the only day I go to the post office, Saturday, since for people who work crazy hours it is the most convenient day...

Actually they were thinking of getting rid of mail on Tuesday.

Not as many people send packages on Sat and Sun (Duh the po is closed) thus not as much mail on Tuesday.

Our mailman is very good. I get all my mail... even when the street name is way off.

Back