4K TV

Just a head up in case someone got one of those Samsung smart TVs. 

Samsung Privacy Policy: Watch What You Say Around Your Smart TV

Samsung's privacy policy for its voice-recognizing smart televisions warns users not to discuss sensitive information around their devices because it could be transmitted to a third party.

"Please be aware that if your spoken words include personal or other sensitive information, that information will be among the data captured and transmitted to a third party through your use of Voice Recognition," the company's privacy policy said.

thought of a random question related to 4k...

anybody with a 4k tv tried streaming movies? im interested to see how well set top boxes (apple tv, amazon fire tv, roku) stream 4k content, since i kinda rely on my amazon fire tv :)...

I have a 4k 85" Samsung and can stream Netflix and Amazon in 4k. All the 2014 and 2015 4k TV's have the streaming apps built in. The aftermarket boxes will need HVEC to stream 4k. Roku, AppleTV etc will eventually come out with boxes that support this. Talk of the next versions of PS4 and Xbox1 to also include this.

Of course the best will be when 4K Blu-Ray comes out later this year.

Also DirecTV is launching satellites late this year for the first 4K broadcast channels. Make sense, they were the first to offer hundreds of HD channels, well before cable and Dish. Hopefully the 2016 Super Bowl will be broadcast in 4K. Of course, you will need to upgrade your DVR and dish.

SubSolar said:
I have a 4k 85" Samsung and can stream Netflix and Amazon in 4k. All the 2014 and 2015 4k TV's have the streaming apps built in. The aftermarket boxes will need HVEC to stream 4k. Roku, AppleTV etc will eventually come out with boxes that support this. Talk of the next versions of PS4 and Xbox1 to also include this.

yeah... the article i read mentioned the built-in apps will stream 4k... :-/ but at the moment im a bit attached to my set top box (amazon fire tv) haha... sigh...

hmm... does streaming 4k content cause any bandwidth issues for u? like ur streaming 4k in the living room and streaming regular 1080p upstairs

fluffy said:
SubSolar said:

yeah... the article i read mentioned the built-in apps will stream 4k... :-/ but at the moment im a bit attached to my set top box (amazon fire tv) haha... sigh...

hmm... does streaming 4k content cause any bandwidth issues for u? like ur streaming 4k in the living room and streaming regular 1080p upstairs

No, I have over 100 mbps with Cox. Netflix 4k maxes out at 15 mbps I believe. So unless you have seven 4k streams throughout the house and once you'll be fine. Of course, I'm upgrading to gigabit as soon as Cox releases it anyway.

SubSolar said:
fluffy said:
SubSolar said:

No, I have over 100 mbps with Cox. Netflix 4k maxes out at 15 mbps I believe. So unless you have seven 4k streams throughout the house and once you'll be fine. Of course, I'm upgrading to gigabit as soon as Cox releases it anyway.

thanks for the tips man :)... i only have the 50mps with cox, but with what u said, i should be ok haha

I called a few times last year and they said by end of 2014. Obviously didn't happen but hopefully soon. I'll call them again when I get a free minute.

do any of u guys subscribe to any IPTV provider?  i killed off my cox cable tv a few months ago n have been looking for a good IPTV provider since... any recommendations would be greatly appreciated :D

Back