42 Townsend

patsox1975_IHB

Any idea what's up with <a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/42-Townsend-92620/home/5951874">42 Townsend</a>?

I had put an offer on this place a while back for "approved" short sale price, but never heard back. And it keeps getting listed and de-listed.

[quote author="patsox1975" date=1252476205]Any idea what's up with <a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/42-Townsend-92620/home/5951874">42 Townsend</a>?

I had put an offer on this place a while back for "approved" short sale price, but never heard back. And it keeps getting listed and de-listed.</blockquote>
I actually went to see it with one of my buyers yesterday. The places needs some work, but not anything crazy. It is currently an active listing and the agent states that the approved short sale price is $515k.

My offer was 515K and I was told there were multiple offers at 515K and bank was going to pick offer with best credit history (within 2-3 weeks)... considering I'm pre-approved for more than 515K and I was going to put 20% down, I would have thought that I would have heard something before it was re-listed. Something is not making sense...

[quote author="patsox1975" date=1252498716]My offer was 515K and I was told there were multiple offers at 515K and bank was going to pick offer with best credit history (within 2-3 weeks)... considering I'm pre-approved for more than 515K and I was going to put 20% down, I would have thought that I would have heard something before it was re-listed. Something is not making sense...</blockquote>
In the agent-to-agent comment it stated that the buyer could not complete the transaction (it didn't give a reason). Short sale listings are a pain in the ass, if you were willing to pay $515k before you should put in your $515k offer now (you might end up getting the property now that the short sale is approved).

Here are the agent-to-agent comments:

"Attention Agents...Short Sale has been fully approved at 515k. Buyer did not complete sale. Lender is Bank Of America. Just waiting on an offer. Negociator says she can get new approval in 2-3 weeks. This home is beautiful, but has been vacant for a couple of months. No electricity in the home, so show only during daylight hours. This is a Short Sale, all terms and commission subject to lender approval. Washer and Dryer not included in sale .Please email all offers and questions to JANEDOE@aol.com. Go Direct Code is XXXX."

Listing already said 515K is the approved short sale price when I put in the offer, that was about a month back. In fact, it was the exact same agent-to-agent comment.

Does the listing say water-thing-a-magic at the entrance is included :)

[quote author="patsox1975" date=1252500297]Listing already said 515K is the approved short sale price when I put in the offer, that was about a month back. In fact, it was the exact same agent-to-agent comment.

Does the listing say water-thing-a-magic at the entrance is included :)</blockquote>
Looks like it's included since the only things excluded are the washer and dryer. You also get the pleasure of an added bonus of a nice turd in the master bathroom toilet. haha

Back