4151 Loma St - Why did this house sell for cheap?

corinal

Just saw this as closed. Any ideas why it sold for so cheap? Others sold in the area in the same time frame sold for about 50-100K+ more than this one.

Just saw this as closed. Any ideas why it sold for so cheap? Others sold in the area in the same time frame sold for about 50-100K+ more than this one.

Isn’t Greentree one of Irvine’s ghetto areas?

What is meant by ghetto? Aren't all areas of Irvine technically relatively good?

Also I'm comparing comps of houses nearby example 3662 Provincetown (sold for $100K more the same month) and 13842 Margene (technically a different neighborhood but nearby and sold for $200K more the same month)

What is meant by ghetto? Aren't all areas of Irvine technically relatively good?

Also I'm comparing comps of houses nearby example 3662 Provincetown (sold for $100K more the same month) and 13842 Margene (technically a different neighborhood but nearby and sold for $200K more the same month)
I believe Greentree elementary is one of the worst elementary schools in Irvine..Irvine HS is also the worst HS. I consider the area bounded by hwy 5, Jamboree, Irvine Center drive, and Jefferey the most "affordable" areas (ghetto) in Irvine....despite the central location.

I believe Greentree elementary is one of the worst elementary schools in Irvine..Irvine HS is also the worst HS. I consider the area bounded by hwy 5, Jamboree, Irvine Center drive, and Jefferey the most "affordable" areas (ghetto) in Irvine....despite the central location.
Irvine doesn't have a ghetto...Greentree is actually one of the nicer neighborhoods in that part of Irvine. I don't care for El Camino Glen or The Willows, but that doesn't mean the area is ghetto. Maybe you grew up in Irvine, because that was one of the running jokes about that area, but it's not actually a proper description of the area.

A lot of people who live in the newer parts of Irvine consider anything pre-1990s to be "ghetto" because it's older. I know someone who lived in Tustin Field and thought Woodbridge was the ghetto of Irvine because it was old...you just have to laugh.

The Greentree area is certainly older. However, it still has HOA to up keep the area. There is a few communities here in Irvine that doesn't have HOA at all, and you can really tell the difference when shopping for houses in fall. (all the dead leaves, fruits, on the street) and junks on the front yard, etc.

I guess you CAN call it the ghetto? but what does that makes the rest of the cities around Irvine.

And yes, that stabbing did happen. kinda of wild story tbh.

FCB’s won’t buy in Compton or Inglewood lol

Orange tree area is similar in age (built in 70’s), lower priced neighborhood.
I like green tree over orange tree neighborhood.

The Greentree area is certainly older. However, it still has HOA to up keep the area. There is a few communities here in Irvine that doesn't have HOA at all, and you can really tell the difference when shopping for houses in fall. (all the dead leaves, fruits, on the street) and junks on the front yard, etc.

I guess you CAN call it the ghetto? but what does that makes the rest of the cities around Irvine.

And yes, that stabbing did happen. kinda of wild story tbh.
Very random story. Lots of random weird crimes occur in all parts of Irvine, they're just not all publicized. It's very hush hush. I remember when someone went on a rampage with a samurai sword at the Northpark Albertsons (now HMart).

Sometimes properties are listed a bit under market value to create a multiple offer environment with the objective of selecting the best offer above the listed price. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This property sold in 4 days above the listed price, so I'm guessing that's what happened here.

Very random story. Lots of random weird crimes occur in all parts of Irvine, they're just not all publicized. It's very hush hush. I remember when someone went on a rampage with a samurai sword at the Northpark Albertsons (now HMart).

I think there's still a plaque on the HMart that references the stabbing victims.

Back