4/3 Single Family Homes

Of course the things you mention matter more than staging... but once you compare things equally... staging is the kicker (and upgrades is part of staging... but staging can also make up for lack of upgrades).

As for pricing, a 4/3 corner lot home in Woodbridge that's not right off a busy street (although Alton is nearby) with a decent floorplan for low to mid $700k is actually decent compared to current prices. But if you walk in and the place is a mess and dirty, that tends to psychologically affect people to where they forget those things. When I first posted about it, I wondered why it was still on the market because I didn't see the clutter firsthand... the location was nice (I drove by) so what was the deal?

I'll stick by my stance that they could have held at $699k if they just staged it better.

As for your place, that was not clutter. It had nice upgrades, was very clean and presented well. You had stuff around sure, but it's not like there were stains on the floor or junk all over the place... that's clutter. And did you or did you not "stage" your house? You did it yourself, but it was still "staged". You're gonna go 0 for 3 against me now... BRINNNG ITTT! :)

Back