2nd hand smoke

When you talk / complain usually you left impression, that is the way human are, I think I will go with HOA that way he doesn't know

LOL yea he 'won't' know.

I remember a condo I used to live in. Neighbors smoked downstairs.  Not a lot just usually when people were over sitting outside with drinks and cigs.  Annoying?  Occasionally. The real problem was the afternoon I came home from the beach about sundown. Flipped open the patio door and hopped in the shower

Everybody flipped out when the smoke alarms went off in my condo because the downstairs people threw nice juicy steaks on the grill and proceeded to burn them and since I'm in the closed bathroom didn't notice the breeze was blowing all of the grill smoke into my condo

stromung said:
When you talk / complain usually you left impression, that is the way human are, I think I will go with HOA that way he doesn't know

Don't think HOA complaints can be anonymous.  The person getting the letter needs a chance to respond to the accuser. 

woodburyowner said:
stromung said:

Don't think HOA complaints can be anonymous.  The person getting the letter needs a chance to respond to the accuser.

Pretty sure that's not how it works.  HOA is supposed to investigate complaints and make a find.

rkp said:
it sucks but its your choice to leave the windows open in the morning.  we are vegetarian and hate when neighbors bbq, esp if its a really strong smelling fish. 

buy some high quality e-cigs from
ecigfiend and give it as a gift...say that your friends have had luck using these to quit smoking
hope it works.. I want to quit smoking as it is affecting my health badly..

OMG. My neighbor just moved into his home after coming back from China and he is a chain smoker (what a surprise). As you know, even in a detached home with IP homes, the back yard is very small and I smell his smoke in the morning, afternoon, and evening.

All I want to do after a long day is come home to my back yard and hang out but now I have to light candles to hide the second hand smoke smells coming from their back yard!!!

Shouldn't I have a right to clean air in my own back yard?!!!

BuddyLeo said:
OMG. My neighbor just moved into his home after coming back from China and he is a chain smoker (what a surprise). As you know, even in a detached home with IP homes, the back yard is very small and I smell his smoke in the morning, afternoon, and evening.

All I want to do after a long day is come home to my back yard and hang out but now I have to light candles to hide the second hand smoke smells coming from their back yard!!!

Shouldn't I have a right to clean air in my own back yard?!!!
No you don't. Just where a mask - when you go to your backyard.

To be honest, I would confront him and tell him to stop.

I had this situation in my last condo, the neighbor below me smoked like a chimney and it always rose up right into our master bed windows. 

I got along great with him and didn't feel like it was worth having him all ticked at me so just sucked it up and closed my windows. 

I also had an infant in our room so didn't want to risk it even if he said he would stop or do it somewhere else.

Back