261 toll road

jyeh74

When you are heading west on Portola Pkwy and want to get to south of Jamboree, can you hop on the 261 south (which eventually becomes Jamboree), without a toll fee?

irvineboy said:
When you are heading west on Portola Pkwy and want to get to south of Jamboree, can you hop on the 261 south (which eventually becomes Jamboree), without a toll fee?

No, you still have to pay toll.

$2.80 with fasttrak (ramp plus plaza), around $5 if you pay cash.  Just get on at Irvine blvd, you'll bypass the toll plaza and it's $0.90 for fasttrak to get to southbound jamboree

The toll road agency needs to be sold and go out of business.  What a ridiculous concept.  I'm surprised environmentalists in California allow them to be built.  I've wasted so much gas and polluted the air with all of the idling at ridiculously long stop lights trying to avoid giving money to those fleecers. 

Me said:
The toll road agency needs to be sold and go out of business.  What a ridiculous concept.  I'm surprised environmentalists in California allow them to be built.  I've wasted so much gas and polluted the air with all of the idling at ridiculously long stop lights trying to avoid giving money to those fleecers. 

You're not making any sense.  Doesn't more roads reduce idling?  Would you rather have a toll road or no road at all?

The tolls are way too high in my opinion so I stopped using them. They also raise them way too fast. Of course if the roads weren't toll the 261 would be a traffic jam just like the rest of the highways are...

paperboyNC said:
The tolls are way too high in my opinion so I stopped using them. They also raise them way too fast. Of course if the roads weren't toll the 261 would be a traffic jam just like the rest of the highways are...

Tragedy of the Commons

Tyler Durden said:
get used to it - more roads will end up going that way.  The 405 is exploring charging tolls for use of the HOV lane now too (High Occupancy Tolling).

Look at the best maintained freeway level roads in this area - they are all toll roads.

The state and the federal gov't is hemmoraging money maintaining the existing highway system... so more roads will end up being privatized.

Personally, i don't have a problem with it - it makes you think about why you are going to where you need to go and consolidate your trips.

When i lived in the bay area, the bridge tolls changed by time of day... it made you question whether you really needed to go somewhere by a certain time because it would cost $6 instead of $4 to cross the bay bridge.

The toll roads were supposed to become free in 2040 but the county refinanced the bonds and they won't be paid off till 2053 at which time they are supposed to be free............. like that will happen, but that is what is supposed to happen.

Back